1.7 SDi Tuning

hope

No, and Dont bother.

Fair enough.

It was a long shot. I'm planning to race my Lupo again this season and I was thinking of alternatives to the 1.6 16v route.

If I could get enough power and torque from a 1.4 TDi i'd go for that.

I've asked Jabba for their best power for a race spec engine, so we'll see what they can suggest.

130 hp and bags for torque would be great!

I'm running 117bhp @ fly, with 184lb/ft torque from a 1.4 tdi...

Along with Aquamist water and methanol injection i'm pretty certain it'd see 140bhp +

there are small things that you can do to the 1.7sdi, but turboing them just isnt ideal, especially as they are essentially an oldskool mechanical diesel motor, rather than a modern type PD or Commonrail system.

The better route would be to go 1.4 TDI, over the 1.7 SDI. You can convert to turbo, but it's massively involved, and gain is very little. The 1.4 is infinately more tuneable, and with the money it'd cost you to turbo the SDI, you'd have a stonking great TDI motor.

If Mike Truluck is worth his weight, he'll be able to tell you that all you'll need is a bigger turbo, a bigger intercooler, and a decent map, and you'll see 160-170hp from the little 3 cylinder motor.

Make up an adaptor plate to couple the GTI 6 speed gearbox to the diesel block, extend the final drive to lengthen all the gear ratio's, and you're onto a winner.

In my opinion, anyways. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

The better route would be to go 1.4 TDI, over the 1.7 SDI. You can convert to turbo, but it's massively involved, and gain is very little. The 1.4 is infinately more tuneable, and with the money it'd cost you to turbo the SDI, you'd have a stonking great TDI motor.

If Mike Truluck is worth his weight, he'll be able to tell you that all you'll need is a bigger turbo, a bigger intercooler, and a decent map, and you'll see 160-170hp from the little 3 cylinder motor.

Make up an adaptor plate to couple the GTI 6 speed gearbox to the diesel block, extend the final drive to lengthen all the gear ratio's, and you're onto a winner.

In my opinion, anyways. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

1.4 is definitley the route i'm going to take now. 160-170 bhp would be fantastic but anywhere around 140bhp would be a great result.

The VW cup racing is so competitive now that you have to be bang on the maximum hp/torque you can get otherwise you're miles off the pace.

I'm looking forward to hearing back from Jabba on what they can do!