Heater Matrix

Yep heater matrix, normally goes on older cars. Smells of fish and you get soaked. It went on my old ax.

Its the part of the coolant system that heats up the air for the heater system. When it splits coolant pours in to the heater and comes out the vents.

You can bypass it with a bit of tube, but get it fixed before winter (it can get bloody cold, especially if a window gets stuck down).

dashboard out ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> part is peanuts but the hours in removing the dash would be laughable at dealership rates

does the dahsboard completely need to be out? or just the lower section?

I've had it done on two of my previous cars - renault 21 and pug 306. Both times it's a complete dash out job. It's like car manufacturers take a heater matrix and build the car around it.

As has been previously said, the part itself isn't that expensive, it's the labour charge that's the killer

another thing i noticed was the boot light would flicker on then stay on, would this be related? or coincidence, another thing to note is that it has been raining heavily over past few days, just checked the car and the rear passenger footwell is soaked in water! so looks like i got a heater matrix leak and another leak somewhere else at the same time!!

to top it off the cars not even starting

Edited by s3boy

sorted now, the pollen filter had come loose and somehow water had got behind that and into the dash, soaking the interior

well that's a darned sight cheaper than a new heater matrix, glad it was easily sorted.

Does your rear squirt work, could be this. Hose comes apart and the water runs down the rear arch, under the seat and into the footwell.

Dcp_3300.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Also check the connection on the rear squirt in the boot, it sprays on the sensor making the boot light flicker.

Good luck. At least it was not that pesky matrix. The way you can normally tell is the water from the matrix is hot on your feet and the water level will go down under the bonnet.