tyre size choices

Bignosedbear

right, got to the stage with my porsche wheels that i need tyres. My wheels are 7''x16''

do i go for 195/40/16's,185/50/16's or 165/40/16's? Would the 165's fit?? i want a decent stretch, but dont know whether the 195's will show any atall? has any one got pics of simular size wheels with either tyre on? If so, could you post a pic up pretty please. I've been on that tyre stretch calculater, but i want to see the devil in the flesh!!

Thanks for your help in advance.

Billy

As far as i know you cant get 165 or 185's in 16's. I run 195x40x16 conti sport2 on my 7x16's

clublupo4.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

P5100555.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

id recommend the 195/40/16 to be honest.

stretching tyres on a bigger rim always looks odd to me. i prefer to see stretched tyres on smaller wheels.

only my opinion though smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

camskill.co.uk supply the 185's, and mytyres.co.uk supply the 165's. Yeah, very tempted to go with the 195's as you've got a wider range of makes of tyres. Thanks for your pics vwolks41.

any more of the other tyre sizes would be ace!

Cheers

Their a 50 profile though blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> even with a stretch i think they might rub.

Edited by vworks41

Stick with a 195 but do some research into different makes and see what widths they are.

Some makes are alot narrower then others, upto 10mm in some cases. They say 195's but their not when you measure them.