The front of my Lupo is going BOING!

Hi, I'm not that mechanically minded - I once overfilled my car with oil to the point that oil came out the air filter.

Problem - when I turn my wheels in an entire lock, I get a loud BOING / TWANGING noise from the drivers side front wheel. I've also noticed that the steering goes a bit wonky when I reverse and turn.

Can anyone tell me what this means? I know if I go to a garage, they'll conjour up a whole bunch of other stuff to fix unless I know what the problem is.

I've just got a regular 1l unmodified lupo.

Thanks for your help folks,

Max

Problem - when I turn my wheels in an entire lock, I get a loud BOING / TWANGING noise from the drivers side front wheel. I've also noticed that the steering goes a bit wonky when I reverse and turn.

did you purchace the car from a guy with big yellow shoes a big red smile and fuzzy green hair??

watch out for your doors they may fall off soon wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Sounds like you may have a broken coil spring or what you call a top strut mount bearing siezed.

Got no idea on how much it will cost you all bepends where you go. It should only take about 1hour

the spring will be about £60 and the bearing £20.

Sounds like you may have a broken coil spring or what you call a top strut mount bearing siezed.

Got no idea on how much it will cost you all bepends where you go. It should only take about 1hour

the spring will be about £60 and the bearing £20.

That's great. I'll go down to the garage at least looking like I know what I'm talking about.

Thanks

Max