brakes

jamesy

Which Lupo?

If it's just the carrier upgrade to fit 280mm, you don't need to change the hoses, just the carriers and discs. They'll fit under 15's.

If you mean the Cupra brembos. I'm not sure, but they won't fit under 15's, apart from maybe Compomotive MO's.

There's a How To in the archive section about the G60 carrier 280mm upgrade.

not sure what ones they are as its a mates car but there 280mm disc's he has the pads,calipers,cailper carriers and discs but the brakes hose's of his aorsa wont fit im sure its the 1.4 16v one they have a bolt on brake hose where as the new calipers are slide on hose's smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Sounds like he has a 1.4 16v 75bhp. The Sports are also a 1.4 16v but have 100bhp, and have the same front brakes as a GTI, which means the carriers and discs are all that need to be swapped.

With a 75bhp Lupo/Arosa, you'll need to upgrade to Sport or GTI hubs and then upgrade the carriers.

Sounds like he has a 1.4 16v 75bhp. The Sports are also a 1.4 16v but have 100bhp, and have the same front brakes as a GTI, which means the carriers and discs are all that need to be swapped.

With a 75bhp Lupo/Arosa, you'll need to upgrade to Sport or GTI hubs and then upgrade the carriers.

Me thinks he is on about me. I have a 100bhp arosa and i couldnt get the discs on. I tried 2 garages and no one from here wanted to do it so i saw a beeza cupra 280mm brake set going so i bought that. Thats the calipers carriers discs n pads. Every1 on here said it should fit but i cant find one person on here with an arosa sport with the 280mm uograde. When i checked the disc type for my arosa it said 256x20 rather than 22 so i dunno.

Yeah basically i need the pipe which connects to my calipers. flexi or braided.

Me thinks he is on about me. I have a 100bhp arosa and i couldnt get the discs on. I tried 2 garages and no one from here wanted to do it so i saw a beeza cupra 280mm brake set going so i bought that. Thats the calipers carriers discs n pads. Every1 on here said it should fit but i cant find one person on here with an arosa sport with the 280mm uograde. When i checked the disc type for my arosa it said 256x20 rather than 22 so i dunno.

Yeah basically i need the pipe which connects to my calipers. flexi or braided.

but you also need to make sure the calipers will clear your 15" wheels smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

All you need for the 280's is Carriers and new discs... Use the standard lupo pads... not the cupra ones, as they are far too thick.

they fit straight on any GTI/TDI/Sport

He did.

You dont use the Cupra calipers.

Use the Arosa calipers on the cupra carriers.

so all he uses is the caliper carriers,disc's and then he uses his standard pads? so he doesnt need the calipers/new brake lines? smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

im telling you they dont fit unless my garages where wrong and i dont have any1 else's opinion to go on.

depends what garage some garages cant be arsed to make things fit, but would they still fit in his standard calipers if he used new brake pads? the half worn ones will work as there half the size of new ones but will brand new pads still fit in the caliper?

well u may be right but 1 garage charged to say the wont fit one said the wont fit for free they did take off everything and show me. They both said it was a little bit out maybe by 2mm and my calipers only take 20mm discs.