sorted!

nicko

Okay -

monday bought the vw cambelt kit got a local vw fanatic garage to fit it. Saved a good bit compared to bollox dealer prices!

today - did oil change, oil filter change, remote temp sensor change myself.

Am feeling pretty pleased with myself so far!

next comes modding.

i'm thinking "induction kit"????, maybe posh exhaust.

then alloys and lowering.

what induction kit do you fine fellows recommend?

i personally recomend pipercross all day long the sound is simply amazing

nearly every one else recomends the BMC CDa kits

theres also the follwing which i havent heard many reviews on

Ram air

green

K&n

the cheaper BMC (not halfords jobbie)

Apiro

theres loads more

wayne

i personally recomend pipercross all day long the sound is simply amazing

nearly every one else recomends the BMC CDa kits

theres also the follwing which i havent heard many reviews on

Ram air

green

K&n

the cheaper BMC (not halfords jobbie)

Apiro

theres loads more

wayne

i guess you mean this:

http://www.thepipercrossshop.co.uk/inducti...116&kit=322

that looks fine - and affordable.

are there any bhp gains to an induction kit? what differences can i expect?

are there any bhp gains to an induction kit? what differences can i expect?

yep thats what im on about shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" /> , some say yes to gains some say no depends who you believe i will say one thing the pipercross on mine gave it a major flat sport in 3rd but the sound was imense and more than made up for it it also reved alot freer i wasnt convinced on this but swapped back to the air box twice and it is correct

Not really.

They just make a nice noise smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

and do it well shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

wayne

Edited by The subtle modder

the bit mentioned about it feeling more free-reving sounds good - i guess the car breathes a bit better.

so i guess (i know i sound like a bit of a flid asking all these dumb questions) that a performance exhaust system would also make the loop a bit more responsive??

does that mean i'd have to buy a complete exhaust system?

the bit mentioned about it feeling more free-reving sounds good - i guess the car breathes a bit better.

so i guess (i know i sound like a bit of a flid asking all these dumb questions) that a performance exhaust system would also make the loop a bit more responsive??

does that mean i'd have to buy a complete exhaust system?

not dumb questions at all smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

the general tuning 'theory' is get more air in, therefore more fuel (theory) which creates a bigger bang and then get the gasses out quicker

from owners experience on here it does seem that the combination of a decent induction kit with cold air feed and a cat back exhaust makes them breathe alot better and does make them quicker or at least improves them in ways, Tshirt2K for example saids the BMC and janspeed makes a bigger difference than without if you get what i mean and is a good combination

you could in theory (think someone has) fit a Gti fit Janspeed cat back exhaust system to your sport for example, then an induction kit and you 'should' have a nice free revving motor with a bit more poke and a nice soundtrack

a backbox can make a difference yes but a stainless cat back that will hopefully last as long as the car and also replaces the middle silencer etc and is designed for the car may be a better option depending off course on budget

wayne