What does S stand for in 1.4S

Topham

Hmm as dumb as the question is but iv never kind of figured out what it stands for. Does the S in the "Lupo 1.4S 16v" stand for Sport? if so ive seen some "Lupo 1.4S 16v" around with exaust in center but mine isnt. if it possible to have exhaust in middle could u explain how and what ill be needing.

The 'S' is the trim level, they go:

- E (1.0, 1.4 (75) and 1.7 SDi)

- SE (1.0, 1.4 (75) and 1.7 SDi)

- S (1.4 (75) and 1.7 SDi)

- Sport (1.4 (100) and TDi (75)

- GTi (1.6)

The 1.4S has 75BHP, and the 1.4 Sport has 100bhp and different specs, centre exhaust, alloys atc.

To fit a centre exhaust to your S you would need to cut out the spare wheel well, weld in a plate (available from VW i think). WHich would mean you would need a space saver spare. Also a new rear bumper for the centre exit.

Chris

Edited by cardaft

Ahh. That's why i have a skinny spare in the boot. Duh.

Oh yes the great space savers, mine is now replaced with a full size and the old wheelbarrow tyre is now saving space in my garage laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Edit: you have a 2cv sport?? any pics rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Any ideas of a part number please?

Cheers, Pete.

Not sure of the part number sorry. Not even 100% sure that its available, im sure someone will be along who knows.

Chris

Edited by cardaft