Si recommends lightweight wheels - Put my Bathursts back on

twisty b-road

Yah boo, had to take me `super-shiny` wheels off for the winter to keep them nice.

When I changed to me lightweight wheels the only difference I could really notice was that the initial movement of the steering wheel felt different, and at first I found myself nearly hitting the inside kerb on roundabouts and corners for a while. Once the steering was loaded up it felt pretty much the same. There seemed to be less crashes through the cabin from holes in the road too.

Now I've gone back to the heavier wheels the differences are way way more noticeable.

The cd player has started jumping over the holes in the road again, and the crashes through the cabin are worse. Also, since I put the factory wheels on a week ago, I keep entering corners too fast and the outside front tyre rumbles because I have lost a nats of corner speed and am going too fast for the tyres. Don't think it's much, and I'm not sure how much this is down to the SP8000 tyres, but there has to have been a bit of a margin given by the wheels and tyres, as I keep expecting to be able to do corners at a certain speed and find that the car now pushes wide.

I was quite sad to be taking the Bathursts off when I bought the BSA, but now I can't wait to get em off. It's not much of a difference I know, but it's there all the same.

Anyone wanna sell me a set of 15" OZ Superleggera in the dark grey as me new winter wheels? I want that 3mph of corner speed back wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking of changing my wheels to BBS RZ's 16" but after hearing about the differences i may just send my bathursts off for refurb. (Bit scuffed by previous owner)

Winter wheels are a good idea ill be definately keeping hold of mine when I get to putting on my Brock B2 super lightweight biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Ill hold on to the compo's as they are tough as old boots

QUOTE(Tigz)
Brock B2 super lightweight  

Please advise biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

15x7 currently sitting in fathers garage awaiting fitting for the following reasons: i) awaiting Struts from Dubsport (well, its been 3 months now so i asked for my money back today he says I cant have it until the 9th, oh well) ii) awaiting better weather cos they are 'my preciouuus!' iii) wanting to fit a stud conversion, got the ones they sell at Demon Tweaks off AAT but I have realised you have to disasemble the hub to fit them and I am not so good at refitting wheel bearings so im going to have some specially made iv) need tyres too - currently thinking 195/50 will suit but I need advice on this still. Once all this is sorted out its bombs away, Im gonna need a week off work :thumbs:

QUOTE(BReal)
Brock B2 super lightweight  

Please advise biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

15x7 currently sitting in fathers garage awaiting fitting for the following reasons: i) awaiting Struts from Dubsport (well, its been 3 months now so i asked for my money back today he says I cant have it until the 9th, oh well) ii) awaiting better weather cos they are 'my preciouuus!' iii) wanting to fit a stud conversion, got the ones they sell at Demon Tweaks off AAT but I have realised you have to disasemble the hub to fit them and I am not so good at refitting wheel bearings so im going to have some specially made iv) need tyres too - currently thinking 195/50 will suit but I need advice on this still. Once all this is sorted out its bombs away, Im gonna need a week off work :thumbs:

sorry not been following this thread

but what are these hub conversion?

can you tell me more?

i have a set of 5x100 wheels to fit on my 4x100 hubs....

Tigz, not as excited as me, it is the bane of my life, the sooner I get these struts the better ..

FluxCo - Im sticking with 4x100 i wouldnt know where to start to get 5x100 I would have thought youd have to start again from scratch would be easier to sell the wheels and get some same model 4x100 with the money