Top Gear

BridLupo

man love rules my god i didnt know james may had a sense of humour had me on the floor pissing myself with laughter laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

and pissed myslef laughing at the slack jawed yocal's who owned the fuel station laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

and pissed myslef laughing at the slack jawed yocal's who owned the fuel station laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

she obviously doesnt care about custom and bringing money for the business in - crew cars, and 3 gas guzzlers!

ignorant cow

jezza got it spot on when he said "I honestly believe people here have started to mate with vegetables..."

hehehe laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Agreed.

I dont mind so much though, its the only car program that my wife rushes around to sit down and watch with me.

Same here! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I enjoyed the program and thought it was very funny but I'm sure that yokel thing was staged in that although I'm sure the woman said something, I think they cut it to make it look like something it wasn't. For example, a lynch mob just happened to conveniently be to hand and i doubt very much they'd abandon James May.

It's when they try too hard for laughs it annoys me. It's funny enough not to have to do that.

I enjoyed the program and thought it was very funny but I'm sure that yokel thing was staged in that although I'm sure the woman said something, I think they cut it to make it look like something it wasn't. For example, a lynch mob just happened to conveniently be to hand and i doubt very much they'd abandon James May.

Nah, I think it was real - you can see the distress and concern in hammonds face - they all legged it - but I dont think they thought they would get stuff thrown at them to be honest.

It grates me when people think it has to be staged shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" /> rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I was a bit dubious at first, but I really think they just didn't expect it to get out of hand in the way it did. They can obviously still edit the footage they had to make it more dramatic though.

A fair bit of it is staged, and most of it is scripted, but you can usually tell which bits weren't. They staged bits do seem to spoil it sometimes though, they're funny enough without having to go over the top, it makes you doubt some other parts that you thought were natural.

Anyone hear Radio 1 this morning.

In a couple of weeks they have a competition to make a custom limo, and take celebs to the brits. Clarkson took Chris Moyles smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Sounds like a good episode.

I watched the US episode again last night, and I really don't think the Hill billy scene is staged. If you listen to the comments their saying as they scrub off the paint, they sound in quite a hurry to leave smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by Joe

yep, exactly what I thought Joe, regarding that scene...

I dont think the producers really thought it would be that serious...

I think you're kidding yourselves if you don't think they would selectively edit a program to make a situation look far worse than it was. I'm sure that woman did hand out some abuse, but as for the rest of it I am highly sceptical.

I think you're kidding yourselves if you don't think they would selectively edit a program to make a situation look far worse than it was. I'm sure that woman did hand out some abuse, but as for the rest of it I am highly sceptical.

I know and can tell when its been selectively edited - ie the cow incident, and many others on the other tg's when they have raced and stuff.

But what tells me it was all genuine is the look on hammonds face when he has to jump start the caddilliac. That one moment convinces me its genuine as you cannot fake those expressions.

Also, the whole garage bit was one rolling film, there was no cuts in there - and also, I just dont feel that they would fake something like that when its meant to be funny.

I know and can tell when its been selectively edited - ie the cow incident, and many others on the other tg's when they have raced and stuff.

But what tells me it was all genuine is the look on hammonds face when he has to jump start the caddilliac. That one moment convinces me its genuine as you cannot fake those expressions.

Also, the whole garage bit was one rolling film, there was no cuts in there - and also, I just dont feel that they would fake something like that when its meant to be funny.

Well in that case we shall have to agree to disagree. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

It made me laugh anyway if that's any consolation.