where can i get a manifold from

chris_lupogti

i'd be interested in a group buy i think.

but i have heard of sensor fitting problems, flexi bends, sump clearance issues. i dont know how they come into it, but i only want a manifold that is perfect from the box that will just bolt onto the head and bolt to the exhaust front pipe, nothing else to do.

They dont fit straight on.

You have to weld on a exhaust flexi (well you dont have to, but a £16 flexi is better than having the stainless crack over time)

You have to heat the pipe and bend it away from the sump, and down to clear the sub frame.

You have to extend the wiring to the lambda probe.

It took me two days to replace the manifold on small ramps on my drive in the rain.

Somewhere like Powerflow would fit it between 2-4 hours dependant on how good a job they do.

But Qually, when has modifying your car ever been bolt on with no other work?

You could always spend £600 on a Supersprint manifold of course wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

modifying has always been a lot of work, so now i'm looking for easiest possible mods if such things exist, i dont mind paying a bit more if thats the case.

i think vw parts are so cheap, but maybe thats because i'm comparing from Japanese, £600 i would consider a normal price for a stainless manifold for a jap car. only thing i have seen that looks overpriced so far are schrick cams, get another brand at the same spec and you can get them half the price.

i'm not sure how keen i would be getting poweflow to fit up a modified manifold, knowing my luck they would break it and ruin something on my lupo.