16" Alloys on lowered Arosa

Smurf

Just wondering if anyone could help with this. I want to lower my Arosa 1.4TDI and fit 16"X7" alloys. The two suspension kits i am looking at are H&R cup kits. One of them lowers it 60mm front 40mm rear, and the other one 30mm all round. Will these size alloys fit with these drops?

As far as im aware no one on here has fitted wheels bigger than 15's to a mk2 confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> apart from xtreme who has butchered his arches wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

But....as a guide Al (NFBR) has a lupo tdi running 6.5x16 Fox alloys with 195/40 tyres and runs a drop of about 75mm with slight mods to the arch liners but thats a different car.....

with the correct offset you should be alright with the 30mm drop anyway but you wont visually lower the car but handling should be good when you lower more then thats when youve got to get everything right

wayne

I was running 16s on my old face lift sport. think they were 7" wide with correct offset. used 195/40 tyres - then there is very little difference to the diameter compared to the original 14s. lowered on fks, not sure how much but at least 60mm all round. no trouble with rubbing.

if i was doing alloys and suspension mods again i wouldn't have gone for 16s, as the combination of low profile tyres and coilovers gave quite a harsh ride.

But....as a guide Al (NFBR) has a lupo tdi running 6.5x16 Fox alloys with 195/40 tyres and runs a drop of about 75mm with slight mods to the arch liners but thats a different car.....

with the correct offset you should be alright with the 30mm drop anyway but you wont visually lower the car but handling should be good when you lower more then thats when youve got to get everything right

mine looked pretty low on the 30mm springs with the 45's on 16's as they filled the arches well!

et42/43 are the best offsets to go for with a 7x16

Thanks for the advice. I think i'm going to go with 15" (195/45/15) wheels on the 60/40 drop, hopefully it will look just as good but be slightly cheaper and cause less hassle.