FAO fellow diesels.... - Who has had theirs tuned...

Lynsey

Seeing as I'm thinking for the future about having my diesel tuned to 95bhp I was just wondering whether anyone on here has done it before ???

And if so whats the conclusion ??? Worth the money? Did u declare it insurance wise.....?

Be grateful if anyones got advice :thumbs:

ill say this till im blue in the face, TUNING BOX!! tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

it will make a huge difference.

dont claim it, just take it off if needs be.

DO IT!!!

I'm after a chip that's sold in germany that increases 20bhp in my car biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> that would be 80bhp :baa: biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> got to find out how much it costs

as for yours... get it :thumbs:

as far Tuning Boxes V's Superchips.

Id go with tunnin box..... main reason, if anything goes wrong u can take it out your self and pop up to your dealer and go, look my car dont work :sarc: biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

QUOTE(Alan VW)
Id go with tunnin box..... main reason, if anything goes wrong u can take it out your self and pop up to your dealer and go, look my car dont work  :sarc:  :D

What and pretend to have a "blonde moment" like u Alan biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

"Mmmmm I don't really know what wrong with my car - I haven't touched it really - that tuning box slung in the boot is just for show - honest" biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Anyway Alan ur gonna tell me to do anything - u just want my car once I've done it all wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Therefore saving u the expense! tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />p

QUOTE(Alan VW)
u have me sussed!  :D

Too right I've got u sussed tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />p biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Still I don't mind - at least someone shows my diesel some respect :thumbs:

We respect you Lyns, as a fine lupo driving woman, even more is you posted some pics LOL biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

http://www.superchips.co.uk/

this is the other option . and to answer the ques about insurace

Superchips' customers are now able to get cover thanks to a deal with Firebond PLC, a `market-leading` insurance broker

You may find your permium remains unchanged when you use a broker that understands the benefits a Superchip brings.....

So, call Firebond PLC's dedicated Superchips number to find out more :

0870 111 8969

QUOTE(jonblakeburn)
We respect you Lyns, as a fine lupo driving woman, even more if you posted some pics

wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I'll see what I can do..... wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Ok so I'm kinda getting the impression that folks thinks its a good idea to tune it :cool:

Do I therefore take the hint that `no-one` else has done it yet? ??? I suppose tdi's are abit `out-numbered` round here :sigh:

QUOTE(Alan VW)
Ahh dont let them GTi boys intimidated  u !

Im TDi mad, and i know what im talkin about  ;)  :D

I'm gonna tell loopy that he has a fan..... biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

QUOTE(Alan VW)
ahh sure at least the car listens to u ... if no one else does  :P  :D

U trying to say `no-one` else listens to me or what?!!! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I think he isn't trying to say that but he has actually said it tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

ALAN: those links are only for TDi models, no mention of SDi's there sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> *crying smilie*

I know its harder to tune it... and harder to find stuff for this bloody engine mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

Should be right...

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Amazing little car, though! The GTi is based on the 3L, `body-wise`.

So, as I post once in a while here I say hello to the ones who don't know me smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Linsey: as you can see, I've got a TDi too smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Geat engine I must say! Have 52000 kms right now, and no problems at all!

For the tuning I would get a `superchips-style` tuning; please stay away from these `tuning-boxes` smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> A proper chip, adjusted on a dyno/rolling road will fit perfectly to your engine. I hope I will do it sometimes...because you get loads of torque too so you get really pushed in your seat smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> :devil: