Lupo GTI from Sweden

peepin_eyes

Next up was Kinnekulle ring the 23rd of September, still one of the favourite tracks of mine. Organizers was the Swedish Opel Sport Club and the GTi Club.

Before this trackday we changed the brakefluid on both my Lupo and a friends Skoda Fabia RS, Motul RBF600 was the choice since it's 'cheap' and has a high wet boilingpoint, and that is important when you use a car on trackdays to avoid brake fade...

We noticed that the rear right brake caliper was a little loose, I guess the things that holds it in place is worn out, the bolts was tight and it won't fall apart from the car.

A few pics then.

briander2.jpg

Photo: Briander

figgz2-2.jpg

Photo: Figgz

Me chasing an Opel Kadett (thats what they're called in Sweden), a very popular trackday car among the Opel guys...

figgz4-2.jpg

Photo: Figgz

Under the bridge, a scary turn in 170km/h :)

jani2-1.jpg

Photo: Jani

jani3.jpg

The car feels pretty light around this corner, this is the place on the track that the beginners in their rwd cars spin off up on the grass...

jani5-1.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 29th of September we went to another Swedish track, this time it was a for me new track. It was the Swedish Volvo Turbo Perfomance Club that invited other cars to their meeting. :shades:

The weather was very bad all day and it was really windy and it rained the whole day! :angry2:

But the track was very fun and must be great with better weather.

Some pics of me with the car then...

I'm being chased down by an old Volvo 242 and later on by a 744.

jsse1.jpg

jsse6.jpg

Photo: Jösse

Out on the looong straight.

jsse2.jpg

jsse4.jpg

I drove over 260km's on the track this day, a good day with a lot of driving! :D