removing a large dent

hi i know my car isn't a lupo but im in need of some help.

ive got a large dent on the rear of mk2 golf which was done by the previous owner reversing it into a stack of bricks. i want to remove it. ive been told that it can't be hammered out because it is 'double skinned' Image029.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

cheers.

Body shop all the way but it may not be worth doing on a car that age if your selling ift off cheap smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

i asked because im currently tidying it up and to get in running well through out the winter. so there is no other way? what if i remove the bumper then take some pics, maybe that would help?

oh yeah im not selling it any more, guna save up to get sport biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

wont be worth giving it to a bodydhop to do, id take the bumper off and then take a hammer to it, if not tie it to a lamp post and drive the car forward bit of a bodge but its done cheaply then finish it off with a bit of filer and a new bumper or bracket which ever are knackered

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> or ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Take the bumper off, you'll find the damage more than likely looks a lot simpler than it currently does in that pic. That section of the rear panel is open to the inside of the boot. So you can beat the panel back into shape relatively easily. Failing that, you can cut along the seams and replace the entire bottom panel.

The section underneath the bumper looks intact. So I'm guessing the bumper took the full impact and twisted up into the panel. Relatively simple to repair in my opinion wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

By the way, I'd ignore these gimps on here who moan about the age/value of the car. They didn't know Volkswagen existed pre Lupo smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Take the bumper off, you'll find the damage more than likely looks a lot simpler than it currently does in that pic. That section of the rear panel is open to the inside of the boot. So you can beat the panel back into shape relatively easily. Failing that, you can cut along the seams and replace the entire bottom panel.

The section underneath the bumper looks intact. So I'm guessing the bumper took the full impact and twisted up into the panel. Relatively simple to repair in my opinion wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

By the way, I'd ignore these gimps on here who moan about the age/value of the car. They didn't know Volkswagen existed pre Lupo smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

thanks. yeah will have to agree, the oldskool vw's are awsome! saving another mk2 from the scrap heap biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />