FAO Quantity Surveyors

Gibbeth!

My girlfriends looking into becoming a QS. Shes looked at courses at different universitys within her ability, and found that a lot are combined with general courses for the construction industry.

If recommended writing to potential employees for advice, and although there are a few local companies, finding QS further afield is proving difficult.

Any advice I can send on to her is greatly appreaciated!

Cheers!

My girlfriends looking into becoming a QS. Shes looked at courses at different universitys within her ability, and found that a lot are combined with general courses for the construction industry.

If recommended writing to potential employees for advice, and although there are a few local companies, finding QS further afield is proving difficult.

Any advice I can send on to her is greatly appreaciated!

Cheers!

I work in Commercial Lending mate and we use Surveyors on a weekly basis. I can give you the names and addresses of some firms in Newcastle if you want.

Er, um, not sure I should admit this, but I am a QS and I *teach* the subject (among other things) in a Scottish institution. PM me if you want to know which courses are worth thinking about (and the likely state of the industry in three year's time).

FWIW, at the moment, the industry is crying out for QS's. Large PQS firms are employing non-cognates, it's that bad. I could also point out a few of the key employers likely to have an office nearby, if you want...

Anyway, PM me if you want to know more...

Deek.

Edited by dxg