brake query 1.4s

mammashuk

hi all new member just bought lupo 1.4s. v nippy car. Just had couple questions dunno if someone can answer.

i. brake - needs to be fully pressed down before it seems to bite..

ii. petrol cap lock does not lock with the key, is it just case of changing the cap.

iii. bonnet release in the cabin, needs to done as the plastic lever seems to not work v well, i.e it falls off, need to fiddle around with cable to get it to release the bonnet..

cheers in advance.. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

the petrol cap lock do have a tendancy to get stiff ine was always like that just got into habbitofnever locking it.

Bonnet release lever isacommon fault, minealways felt ***** but never actualy came off.

I nver had any trouble with brakesso cant commnt on that one.

Brakes don't sound good. Whilst imo Lupos wouldn't be classed as being over servo'd you should be getting some pedal miles before you get near to the bottom of the pedal stroke. Its not unheard of for the brake fluid to be changed and the brakes not being bled up properly, which would leave you with a long pedal; get it checked asap.

Brakes don't sound good. Whilst imo Lupos wouldn't be classed as being over servo'd you should be getting some pedal miles before you get near to the bottom of the pedal stroke. Its not unheard of for the brake fluid to be changed and the brakes not being bled up properly, which would leave you with a long pedal; get it checked asap.

thanks for the rapid responses, maybe i should get it checked sometime.. when i get enuff funds, or anyone know of a good cheap garage in W London.. tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

hi all new member just bought lupo 1.4s. v nippy car. Just had couple questions dunno if someone can answer.

i. brake - needs to be fully pressed down before it seems to bite..

ii. petrol cap lock does not lock with the key, is it just case of changing the cap.

iii. bonnet release in the cabin, needs to done as the plastic lever seems to not work v well, i.e it falls off, need to fiddle around with cable to get it to release the bonnet..

cheers in advance.. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

In reply, The barrel in my 1.4S fuel cap just came out because the retaining clips at the bottom had broken. You need to take your logbook to a dealer who will order you a new cap keyed to suit, I even got a new key blade with it. Make sure your car is still equipped with the original locks! They're £38.00

My brakes are a bit lacking, although I find that I don't press the pedal enough if I've been out in the Ibiza beforehand. A service this week revealed that the sliding calipers were a bit stiff and were freed off. Fluid got the green light and pads, shoes and discs all at 80-70% OK. Things are better, but only a bit.

My bonnet pull nearly comes out; like others have said, they're a niggly thing.

In reply, The barrel in my 1.4S fuel cap just came out because the retaining clips at the bottom had broken. You need to take your logbook to a dealer who will order you a new cap keyed to suit, I even got a new key blade with it. Make sure your car is still equipped with the original locks! They're £38.00

My brakes are a bit lacking, although I find that I don't press the pedal enough if I've been out in the Ibiza beforehand. A service this week revealed that the sliding calipers were a bit stiff and were freed off. Fluid got the green light and pads, shoes and discs all at 80-70% OK. Things are better, but only a bit.

My bonnet pull nearly comes out; like others have said, they're a niggly thing.

ok that makes me feel a bit betta about the brakes, also told been told by someone that the rear drum setup means that its not so responsive.

i will wait til next service to mention it for now

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Have to admit front brakes on the lupo don't last long mine were shot at 25,000 miles and the other thing is they share a resevoir with the clutch, so keep an eye on it and the bonnet lever as said is a problem mine snapped off in the first week. but all sorted.

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Have to admit front brakes on the lupo don't last long mine were shot at 25,000 miles and the other thing is they share a resevoir with the clutch, so keep an eye on it and the bonnet lever as said is a problem mine snapped off in the first week. but all sorted.

Do the tdi's have a fluid clutch then?

Yer the tdi's have a fluid clutch shame the tech at my local vw dealership didn't know this he wasn't best pleased when he was trying to tell me my clutch had gone on 25,000 miles and i said it's the master cylinder do like it when i know more than they do. Didn't like when he said that i'd knackered it because i was a boy racer due to the lemans 06 sticker in the window W$$k&*.

Edited by yellowperil