Snakes on a Plane Preview

Putney

Ahh, they land themselves these days! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

(No professional pilots on here, are there? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />)

You can also do clever things with wake turbulence once you've landed: clicky.

This is a good example of a Kai Tak landing - alas, no more sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />: clicky

those vids are cool. that 2nd vid looks like a human landing if ever i saw one.

my dad has a private licence, been up once with him and as i think he tried to show off by doing the shortest landing possible we nearly clipped the hedge before getting to the runway/field of grass.

Yeah, autoland systems didn't work there!

Hence resulting in a few pilots getting things very seriously wrong, like this guy who doesn't manage to get the plane down until a third of the (already short) runway has gone, and when he does get it down smacks an engine into the tarmac!

enginestrike.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

I suspect he was looking for an alternative way to get home! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

seems less of a risk to land from the sea direction. for the passengers anyway!

anymore scary vids?

of course i could do those landings easy, with a loop the loop before touch down.

i remember flying a320 simulator on the amiga, was great to pretend to scare all the passengers by flying like a crazed pilot.

Edited by beach

Ahh, they land themselves these days! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

(No professional pilots on here, are there? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />)

Funny you should say that, my mate is round at the moment who is a qualified airline pilot shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" /> and hes only 21 shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" /> shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Saw this when was in Turkey last week, I had to have it:

http://www.amazon.com/Snakes-Train-MALLACH...S/dp/B000HK03IC

Anyone want a copy? I thought it was a p*ss take but it is the real deal laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Had a few dodgy crosswind landings recently at Aberdeen airport, especially on a Wideroe Dash 8 but the pilot coped well enough with it and I'm pretty sure they aren't computer controlled!

Some good plane videos to look for today now.

I can remember coming back from the European cup in Portugal, flying back on what can only be described as a very 'used' plane. Landing at Heathrow during the period when we were experiencing very high winds in the UK, as we were literally 10's of feet off the ground the plane completely rolled off to one side which meant I could see the wings & tarmac very close together from my window & complete daylight out the opposite window!

Needless to say new pants were a must after touchdown, but the strange thing was that the time from landing to collecting baggage to getting out of the airport itself was well under 25 minutes (a bit strange considering it was during 'peak hours', since that day one of my friends has refused to ever get on a plane again!