Help, pic included, Gearbox

Bikerz

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh i hated removing drivers side driveshaft, that was hardest part as such, but hardest thing to do was pulling up and holding gearbox to engiine when bolting it back in, as took a good hour to get it all linned up and sweet.

i found the driveshafts easy to remove ( i used an air powered 1/4" drive gun to run the bolts out) saved me alot of time with a ratchet. i used a car jack to raise the gearbox and lower it, done the job a treat. Well Done again! Dave

Yeah i used a sciissor jack on gearbox to get in and out. the starter motor i found easy realy, what did u have trouble with? getting your hands to the bolt?

well done buddy wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Bikerz, I've got an Rx7 arriving shortly, if the ****el goes pop can you dismantle it for me?

You've ordered one? What are the specs?

Also got a

Not ordered one as such but have made an offer for one a guy 25 miles away from me has and am waiting to get back to me. Its quite clean and standard. Had an engine rebuild 12k ago. Only thing is it's white but I think its one of the few cars that suit white. Am looking into aftermarket warranties as it has a full Service history just in case. Was wanting to mod but don't know if I can with warranty.

DJ when did you change from AberdeenDJ to just DJ? You trying to up your street cred? I take it you did this a while ago and I've just not noticed!

Am waiting for a Chris Robinson "fresh air" gif to use as an avatar and a sig!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Not ordered one as such but have made an offer for one a guy 25 miles away from me has and am waiting to get back to me. Its quite clean and standard. Had an engine rebuild 12k ago. Only thing is it's white but I think its one of the few cars that suit white. Am looking into aftermarket warranties as it has a full Service history just in case. Was wanting to mod but don't know if I can with warranty.

DJ when did you change from AberdeenDJ to just DJ? You trying to up your street cred? I take it you did this a while ago and I've just not noticed!

Am waiting for a Chris Robinson "fresh air" gif to use as an avatar and a sig!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Changed it about a month ago when everyone else was changing theirs. I tried to sign up as DJ originally but it was already taken by someone who never returned so I asked nicely to get it changed. My username on other forums is usually DJ.

A white RX7 sounds nice, twin turbo model I take it and UK spec?

Uncles mate just sold his white RX7 as hes mpg was varrying from 8-12mpg PMSL

I cant dismantle it for you no problem at all,how many carboard boxes you got for me to give you the bits back in?