Cam Belt Replacment

love that car look at it every time i go in shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

I wish there was mate!

They have still not finished it, and VWUK are still complaining that the car is 5 year 6 month old, but I'm not giving up!

You know when you get a cool/quick/good looking car and it makes you smile while driving it?

Well, the car they have just gave me, is non of the above, and its not made me smile.

Its made me laugh the whole way home, truthfully, I've been laughing my head off the entire journey!

Its done 5000 miles, is a 1.9TDI and I have never felt so silly in my life.

Turned the ESP off, and by half way down the lanes, the comedy suspension made me switch it back on again!

Funniest car I have ever driven.

Looking forward to taking it back!

DSC01372.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Edited by Tigz

OK job done.

Cars back, been serviced, new belts and water pump £398.00

Bring back the warranty sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Been argueing with a (not technical) VW UK for an hour or so all afternoon.

They can not see that even though my car is 5 years 3 months old (past the 5 year cut off good will point) I should receive some help.

5 Years ago when my car was new, the cam belt and tensioner should last 6 years, or 60'000 miles.

One year ago, this was changed to 4 years, 40'000 miles.

She tried telling me this was because its a rubber belt, and because it came into contact with engine oil, and power steering fluid (!!!) it wears.

I explained my belt was not worn, but the plastic tensioner had failed, but she could not understand what I was talking about.

After half hour of going round in circles, she finally passed me through to a customer service manager, who guess what?

She wasn't technically minded either.

"We get our technical information from our dealers"

Great idea that, VW well done.

Tesco are awaiting delivery on 300 LT35s.

Guess who is getting a phone call tomorrow lol

Will let you know how it goes.

Edited by Tigz

Yes.

Well, no.

Emma loved it, and this morning on the way to work, just by having Emma in the car with me, I actually enjoyed driving it.

Still couldn't work out why it 'Bonged' at me every time I started the engine..

Just to add, the cam belt replacement comes with a two year, unlimited mileage warranty.

Thats the reason why I went to a dealer for it to be done.

It will fail again in 18 months time wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same trouble with the timing belt & the stupid prices on both my Lupo & Polo!

I had the polo done at Richard Alexanders in Huddersiel for a Tidy sum of £380

& for this they had assured me they'd replaced the belt, tensioners & water pump.

Low & behold 1 week later the water pump went!

I took it back to them & made them strip the bits back down whilst i waited.

It turned out it was still my origionall water pump - not a new one that they had chrged me for!!!!!!

To cut a long story short I got the work done (a NEW water pump) and then proceeded to argue with them for a few weeks as they then wanted paying for the replaced water pump!!!1

Cheeky so & so's mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

So when it came to doing the Lupo's belt , i went to GSF and bought the parts £90 all in including the waterpump and fitted them myself!

The moral is - The so called warrenty or guarentee for workmanship isn't worth the paper its written on!?!

I'm not gonna depress you with how much I'm paying for a cambelt, tensioner, water pump and oil and filter change. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

• 1 year later...

Yeah it an expensive do!!! But think about it parts alone are gonna cost yoo atleast 1'er its a kit 2 tensioners a pulley and two belts, then 3.00/3.50 hrs labour time at say £80 an hour!!! so you aint gettin ripped off!! I work at a main dealer, an our service receptionist are as thick as pig s*** wen it comes to cars :lol:. dont go off wt they say an expect us monkeys in the back are as bad....cause we aint nuthin like em!! :shades:

I paid £0 for a cam belt kit and a water pump - Warranty FTW.

how the hell do yoo get a belt under warranty??

Fair Play

I had the car for 3 days and the water pump failed on me. So naturally as they changed the pump they changed the cam belt kit as it was due.

I myself.

-N-