Lupo 1.4S Intermittent Stalling

Hi

We have a 1.4S, T Reg, 60k miles. Over the past 8 months it has intermittently stalled, normally when taking foot of the accelerator and applying clutch when entering a roundabout, it seems that the revs drop too low and the engine stalls. Probably happens once every day or so, whether hot or cold.

Problem is that the power steering starts to tighten up, making it difficult to keep car steady and restart ignition, so can be quite worrying!

It went in for service about 4 months ago, they couldn't find anything, changes the usual parts (plugs etc) and cleaned the MAF sensor. Seemed ok for a few days then it came back again.

Saying that sometimes it can go a few days without occurring so could have been a coincidence.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar, any ideas what it could be?

Many thanks

Léon

try taking the air filter out, buy some carb cleaner, start the car and spray the throttle with the cleaner. worked for me when mine was doing it

it usually gets all crap stuck around the air filter area bought up through one of the pipes

Edited by stig247

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I cleaned out the throtle area under the air filter last week, hasnt done it since so 'touch wood' think its cured - it was very dirty in there! thank you 'stig247' for the tip!

hi, is ur car still ok after just cleanin it?exactly the same is happening to my treg 1.4s.i know exactly wot u mean about the roundabouts.really annoying.i bought new air filter 2day doesnt seem to have fix it but has helped a bit.i have also got sum carb cleaner which im gonna put in 2moro.did u do anything else?any other help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

chris

• 5 months later...
hi, is ur car still ok after just cleanin it?exactly the same is happening to my treg 1.4s.i know exactly wot u mean about the roundabouts.really annoying.i bought new air filter 2day doesnt seem to have fix it but has helped a bit.i have also got sum carb cleaner which im gonna put in 2moro.did u do anything else?any other help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

chris

Yes, has worked perfectly since cleaning.

• 8 years later...
Guest Leebo2014

Ano this is an old post I seem to be having this problem have been now for 2 month changed temp sensor/ cleaned throttle body. Plugged lupo in and got a code 00282