Arosa tailgate on a Lupo?

Rachel

Hey guys... i'm starting to collect bits ready for my lupo GTi, and was wondering if a SEAT Arosa tailgate will bolt onto a lupo, or does it have different brackets/hinge mechs etc etc. I am aware of the badge being the handle difference, but i'm mor concerned as to how it will actually fit on as a body panel?

any help much appreciated.

rachel

I am aware of the badge being the handle difference, but i'm mor concerned as to how it will actually fit on as a body panel?

The Mk2 tailgate with the handle/badge set up should be fine, but to save agro asuming you want a smooth boot is to get a Mk1 Arosa tailgate.

Unless it will have a golf handle grafted on, to replace the seat handle.

Always thought that would be a nice mod to a lupo gti.

yeah, i want to graft in a mk5 golf badge/handle. the plan is to chop out the metal around the seat badge, and graft in the metal from a mk5 golf bootlid. That way, i should be able to work something out in terms of the badge being a handle, seeing though the seat has its badge in that specific location to start with - well thats the plan anyways.

so all in all, it will fit then.

Rachel.

uhuh, yeah that post inspired me, however, i've always wanted it to use the metal around the badge as well, and not flush like that. I also notice he mentions a little trouble with the wiper, and the badge being so high up, so i though about just using the SEAT bootlid instead, as this is already in the right place to use the mech in order to open the bootlid smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I was first inspired by the VW badge placing on the mk3 A59, thats what i want it to look like.

Rachel.

Another bonus with the mk2 Arosa boot lid is the fact the glass stretches all the way across, looks really cool.

I take you havn't found a car yet then Rach'?

hehe, yeah that is quite a nice touch ain't it wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> As for the actual car, no andy, i ain't found one yet, been to look at a few, but they just wern't cuttin' the mustard. I'm in no real rush, i have the cash, so when comes up that i like, i'll 'av it wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Seems to me though, that a lot of lupo gti's have either had problems, or still have problems with em, such as paint repairs etc etc... surprises me for cars that are only 5 years old and less.

See you at edition 38 tomoz wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

rachel.

yeah, i want to graft in a mk5 golf badge/handle. the plan is to chop out the metal around the seat badge, and graft in the metal from a mk5 golf bootlid. That way, i should be able to work something out in terms of the badge being a handle, seeing though the seat has its badge in that specific location to start with - well thats the plan anyways.

so all in all, it will fit then.

Rachel.

Two issues with this,

1. The Arosa badge is a mechanical device which operates the lock mechanism, the Golf Mk5 handle is a switch so I had to use a solenoid to operate the lock.

2. The Arosa handle is lower down so it will easily clear the wiper motor, but it will look out off place IMO.

I went down the Lupo tailgate/ Golf handle as I wanted it to look OEM to the casual observer. Didnt want the lip as it would stick out (not literally) but be obvious compared to standard, not my style.

Good luck though & let us see the progress.

• 1 year later...