Servicing on Lupo gti

WADEY

Hello people. I am looking to swap my Clio 172 for a Lupo gti and was wondering if you could help me with some information please.

1. How much is the servicing at VW for minor and major services?

2. Any common faults to look out for?/Build quality?

3. how bad is the fuel economy, bearing in mind I do 75% town driving?

Wanted one for ages and fed up with Renault build quality!!! angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />

Cheers. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Edited by WADEY

Hello people. I am looking to swap my Clio 172 for a Lupo gti and was wondering if you could help me with some information please.

1. How much is the servicing at VW for minor and major services?

2. Any common faults to look out for?/Build quality?

3. how bad is the fuel economy, bearing in mind I do 75% town driving?

Wanted one for ages and fed up with Renault build quality!!! angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />

Cheers. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I just sold a 172 and now thinking of a GTI

all ill say is the GTI has to be much easier car to work on than the 172, so I would imagine its cheaper to service , eg belts and so on... the clio was 2.0 and the GTi is 1.6 id say ull notice a few extra pounds at the end of every week... wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Then again, I drive a m3 so i dont understand the hole concept of " Fuel Economy " laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Edited by Alan VW

im trying to decide beteen a 172 cup and the loop, the big difference seems to be insurance

but on the fuel economy the clio sounds better from what people have said on each forum

also cam belt needs to be done every 40,000 or 4 years on the loop

im trying to decide beteen a 172 cup and the loop, the big difference seems to be insurance

but on the fuel economy the clio sounds better from what people have said on each forum

also cam belt needs to be done every 40,000 or 4 years on the loop

Depends what you want. The cup is much faster and will handle better, but the Loop will be better built and not so raw.

Tough choice.

i was deciding betweent the 172 cup and lupo gti also. the rareness of the gti attracted me, and its better quality. even though its slower. the 172 i asked to test drive at a dealer wouldnt start. they changed the battery but still nothing. they said they would phone me back when it was fixed, over a week later i didnt here from them. so thats a perfect lesson in french build quality.

my project for my lupo is going to make it as perfect as i can for handling. so coilovers etc will be got at somepoint. should be fun!

Depends what you want. The cup is much faster and will handle better, but the Loop will be better built and not so raw.

Tough choice.

raw is a possitive in my book but the 3 i have driven in the last week have all been very comfatable

but the loop is a lot better looking, has less silly toys, better interior, cheaper to insure

as you said, very tough choice but i would want to modify the loop, ill keep the clio standard

plus the clio has a bigger boot

the thing thats clinched it is, the clio reminds me more of my old golf

also the rareness of the loop puts me off a little, because there will probably be spares avalability problems in the future

Edited by jiminy