Induction kit or not on a TDI?

g-man85

Hi guys, bought a Arosa TDI running a fair few mods, but currently with just a green panel filter. I bought it from a member on here (Arosa In Blue)

Is it worthwhile putting an induction kit, as the cold air feed has been up-rated in my car but i see some funny little hose going into the box, that I don't see going into any part of the induction kit?

Ideas, brands, parts....all useful! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

A couple of us are running induction kits on our TDI's, the only thing we have done is to clean off most of the filter oil as it can knacker the MAF. Im not entirely sure what difference they do actually make, they do seem to make the engine rev a little free-er but its more the induction noise that makes the biggest difference!

i found the air flow on the TDi is best left standard, i had an induction kit and it ran like a bag of *****.

Wonder if it had anything to do with the type of turbo thats fitted to your car? Me & NFBR are running induction kits without any problems & we have VNT turbos, flicking back through some old posts you have a non-VNT turbo & had boosting problems with the induction kit fitted confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Wonder if it had anything to do with the type of turbo thats fitted to your car? Me & NFBR are running induction kits without any problems & we have VNT turbos, flicking back through some old posts you have a non-VNT turbo & had boosting problems with the induction kit fitted confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

I'm not running an induction kit!!

i'm running standard air box with a BMC air filter element, and a modified intake.

I stand corrected blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Must have been someone else then, cant for the life of me remember who it was though! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I'm not running an induction kit!!

i'm running standard air box with a BMC air filter element, and a modified intake.

I'm running virtually the same set-up as Al. Only difference is I'm sucking through a K&N and Al is sucking through a Green Cotton Filter. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by ArosaPD

No, al is suckin thru a bmc element as he said, hehe!

Im running a BMC Element and ive removed the foam from the inner arch, seems to do the job smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Lee.

Oh poo sorry Lee, for some reason I was thinking Al had a Green Cotton filter, but I guess I must be mixing him up with someone else wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Mark smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Hehe, i just found it funny that you quoted him saying bmc and said green, lol.

Arosainblue had a green afaik smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Anyway who cares, they all do the same thing, lol.

Lee.