VW Stereo Codes

Can anyone tell me the best way to find out a security code for a VW radio/cd.

The code supplied is incorrect and the seller is not responding to e-mails, shock ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

I spoke to my local dealer today and they need the chassis number of the car it came from and the serial number of the radio.

Obviousley I dont have the chassis number.

What about these people on e-bay that offer codes, are they any use?

Any help would be appreciated.

vw only give you the code if you can provide the chassis number aswell as you said,cause they dont want ppl who nick the stereos to be able to use them. you should be able to get a place that sells stereos and things to break the code on it and if you fancy a wee trip to the barras then theres about 50 places that will do it for you!

I presume the stereo is not from your car?

if it is from your car... turn the stereo off...

Turn the engine on, and press the power button, then press button one and it'll automatically re-code itself

If its not from your car, then the only way to get it done is to have the EEPROM read or re-flashed

I presume the stereo is not from your car?

If its not from your car, then the only way to get it done is to have the EEPROM read or re-flashed

No its not from my car, I have found someone local who will re-code it for me, I think that is my only option.