Water leak - rear passenger footwell (not rear washer)

lofty

Hello all,

I've got a very annoying problem with my Lupo 1.0, the interior gets very wet and soggy starting from the passenger rear foot well after heavy rain (the car is parked)

I've tried all the usuall quick fixes of unblocking the scuttle panel drain and checking the joint in the washer jet pipe and all fine, I'm going to check the door panel membrane but i can't really visulise how it gets in through the door card membrane!

Any help or advice very much appreciated!

Edited by lofty

Hello all,

I've got a very annoying problem with my Lupo 1.0, the interior gets very wet and soggy starting from the passenger rear foot well after heavy rain (the car is parked)

I've tried all the usuall quick fixes of unblocking the scuttle panel drain and checking the joint in the washer jet pipe and all fine, I'm going to check the door panel membrane but i can't really visulise how it gets in through the door card membrane!

Any help or advice very much appreciated!

Thats starting in the boot seal and travelling down the rear inner wing, take the rear seat bottoms out and see if its there too. Check the boot seal and also check the headlining to see if is the aerial. Then report back!!

cheers for the replys

I checked this morning and there is no sign of any damp at all on the rear bench (under the seats, the boot is totally dry also.

I removed the door card and its all fine there too,

One thig i did notice is that its just as wet in the front passenger footwell as the back but i'm niot sure if this is fron the water sloshing about

so in summary all i know is its coming from soemwhere along the passenger side of the door but not the door??

The search continues! any suggestions greatly appreciated

thanks again -

No sunroof and no hole (plus it takes on water whilst parked in heavy rain, not driven

you need to get inside and have someone ruun a hose over the car, unless your in the ban area! use a bucket if you are. Look for water coming in through the rear side window and the door seal.