K&N FILTER

NIGHT TRUNKER

HAVING FITTED A K&N FILTER TO 1150CC MOTORCYCLE AND NOTICED A MARKED IMPROVED I WAS THINKING OF FITTING K&N TO MY LUPO 1.0 HAS THERE ARE TWO PANEL FILTERS IN THE AIR BOX IT WILL COST IN THE REGION OF £70 TO FIT THEM.MY QUESTION IS IT WORTH THE EXPENCE? DO THEY MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE ON A SMALL BASIC ENGINE? DOES THE FUELING NEED ANY AJUSTMENT? ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE APPRECIATED,THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

NIGHT TRUNKER

HAVING FITTED A K&N FILTER TO 1150CC MOTORCYCLE AND NOTICED A MARKED IMPROVED I WAS THINKING OF FITTING K&N TO MY LUPO 1.0 HAS THERE ARE TWO PANEL FILTERS IN THE AIR BOX IT WILL COST IN THE REGION OF £70 TO FIT THEM.MY QUESTION IS IT WORTH THE EXPENCE? DO THEY MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE ON A SMALL BASIC ENGINE? DOES THE FUELING NEED ANY AJUSTMENT? ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE APPRECIATED,THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

NIGHT TRUNKER

I fitted a K&N filter to my 1 litre, it made it more noisy and gave it a little more pull mid revs but not a huge change. In my opinion it is worth changing the filter simply because the original is so heavy! The ECU will change all of the fueling settings as it learns the increased airflow so dont worry about that.

In my opinion it is worth changing the filter simply because the original is so heavy!
trust you rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I fitted a k&n induction kit to my cinq 899 and it made a difference on that but never tried a panel filter before, cant imagine it being £70 though ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> just cause weve got two filters in the box its still only one airbox filtration replacement wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

wayne

not heard many good things about k&n to be honest.

heard a lot that they can some how mess up your ecu. not sure how its just all ive been told and theres better filters on the market.

not heard many good things about k&n to be honest.

heard a lot that they can some how mess up your ecu. not sure how its just all ive been told and theres better filters on the market.

TBH they are all very similar, I have found cheaper filters that have the same cotton grade as ken and nige filters but at half the price. I only had one on mine as i got it for free! from a cavalier turbo! Aslong as its cleaned and oiled regularly all of them should do the job.

As for the K&N damaging things, well this is a problem related to bosch airflow meters, they cant take the increase air flow over the hot wires in the meter, this causes premature failures. Very limited problem.

Edited by 1 Litre Screamer

I didn't think that there was a filter for the 1.0l Lupo. I did look for them but could only find ones for the 1.4. ... Can someone please send me the linky.

Also, changing to a K&N, does that need to be declared to the insurance company or do you only declare it if it says its a performance one. I am with Frizzell - part of liverpool victoria - if that helps!

TBH they are all very similar, I have found cheaper filters that have the same cotton grade as ken and nige filters but at half the price. I only had one on mine as i got it for free! from a cavalier turbo! Aslong as its cleaned and oiled regularly all of them should do the job.

As for the K&N damaging things, well this is a problem related to bosch airflow meters, they cant take the increase air flow over the hot wires in the meter, this causes premature failures. Very limited problem.

According to our K&N rep, its actually the filter oil that causes problems with Vauxhalls airflow meters and other bosch airflow meters. The guy recomends cleaning the filter thoroughly once purchased and running it Un-oiled.

He also added that running an oiled filter in the UK is absolutely pointless, unless its a foam element