Bargain GTI

stig247

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how much did it finally go for?

I got out bid at £2100 sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> Would have a look what it sold for but password is at home and im round inlaws!!!!

The really anoying thing is, i have been watching this car for a while on www.asm-autos.co.uk (in aylesbury)

Then the link got put up on here for doncasters and the bidding went silly! If the link hadnt got put up im sure i would of had another GTI for under £2K

£2750 still not bad even if it costs you £1500 to get it fixed still a cheap gti

well done jacko...

its ok if you have the gear to fix it (as you mentioned you have), looks like for you its a good deal, but if your, like me, someone who doesnt have access to jigs, spray booths etc, ifs going to costs loads and for nearly 3k you wont get that back in parts..

only thing i worry about for you is the xenons

edit to say also if its going to cost nearly a grand to fix (remembering xenons once more) that 54 plate one with 400 miles, for 4k on ebay is a reet bargain even if it needs a liitle bit of a touch up)

Alfie twisted.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twisted:" border="0" alt="twisted.gif" />

Edited by Alfie

id say ive got all the parts to fix it, bar the chassis leg, thats gonna need some serious work its been ****ted pretty hard

if the lights are in the boot id think they would be in a million pieces biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

edit , just had another gawk, summing isnt quite right, look how the left side fender ties up with the bonnet (the fender even looks fine) but now look at the right side , its completely out. i think that whole inner wing is gonna need replacing

what spare front end parts do you have? do you wanna sell any?