Lupin III (Petrified's 1.4 16v Sport)

Petrified

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done out else to it power wise?

The car has not changed mechanically since it was last road legal. Unless something has nested in the exhaust giving the additional back pressure it once needed.

Not directly, no, but cages block mirrors and lack of dash unveils pointy things.

I guess it depends on the cage! Never known any car to fail on a cage though, and I mean a proper cage.

As for unveiling pointy things they can't fail you for having exposed wiring or brackets etc.

I've had caged/stripped cars for years now. Unless the MOT regs have changed (this year will be my first I don't have to get one to pass an MOT!) then it's fine.

The only things I got were advisories for 'No dashboard' and '1 seat' which is BS tbh.

I'll see how it goes then. I've got a week or 2 to look over the car to get it ready for an MOT. there used to be a website with a selfcheck pre MOT test thing you could do.

The cars got no cat, it did pass emissions tests as ok without it. But I do have a replacable cat for it so just hope the bolts havnt seized up. A few others things like seat brackets and labeling the horn (rewired rear washer button) and it should be fine.

If I do get it back on the road I think it may be a bit late to make any shows this year. I've been driving all sorts for the past couple of years, a mazda, a honda accord and my latest car being an alfa 156. looking forward to being behind the wheel of a vw again.

I've taken a sensible approach (first time for everything) and put this up for sale in the designated area. I'm doing this before I go insane and start spending more money on the car.

It will be sad to see it go :( but if it doesnt I'll keep onto it a little while longer.

• 2 months later...

Final update on this thread.

LUP111N Lives on. He has been sold to another member on this forum and someone who lives not too far from me. He's back on the road and continues to put a smile on the drivers face.

Five years of ownership was a blast, really. And I hope one day I'll own another Lupo and have the time/money to do something even more crazy. I don't think I ever put as much time and effort into a car than I did with this at the time.

To the new owner, if he ever goes back to Santapod keep an eye on him as you may feel a slight pulling towards the track.

lupiniii46.jpg

;)