Behind Headunit Wiring

Does anybody know about how to go about this in the right way...? (You'll have to bear with me on this, it's pretty hard to explain)

I've got an iPod and want to wire it to the headunit, thats fine, I've got the cable which plugs into the back of the Gamma HU. However, I also want it to charge....

I'm going to get a Belkin in-car charger for the iPod which also features a 3.5mm jack line-out. Therefore, when i plug in the iPod, it will charge from the cigarette lighter whilst playing sound through the dock line-out (which feeds the Belkin line-out, which is hooked up to the back of the Gamma HU). So, in a bit of a messy way, here i have the iPod connected (with one lead) to a power source (the cigarette lighter) and playing sound into my Gamma system.

Is there a way I can tap into a power source behind the HU so I don't have wire all over the show? Maybe an added cig lighter which the Belkin could plug right into....? I could then simly hide it all behind the dash and have one charging/line-out cable in the glove, which would connect to the iPod....

I'd really appreciate any help.

Cheers guys.

THE BELKIN CHARGER - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00009KAP...glance&n=172282

You'll need to buy a secondary lighter socket from somewhere, and wire it to a 12v Feed.

So if I take a line directly from the battery to a secondary cigarette lighter, will that provide me with a 12v feed? Presumably I would need to take both +ive and -ive.....

Would the -ive take care of the earthing?

Cheers.

Another way you could hook up your Ipod would be to get a Ipod transmitter off e-bay... that what i've done works great. Only 9p too... smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

So if I take a line directly from the battery to a secondary cigarette lighter, will that provide me with a 12v feed? Presumably I would need to take both +ive and -ive.....

Would the -ive take care of the earthing?

Cheers.

The -ive is the earth... SO you'd have a red wire (to battery) and a black wire (-ive to Chasis)