Lupo Spaceframe Build

1 Litre Screamer

i was going to buy one but i needed to escape the house! very simple to make, all you need is a saw,welder and a little tubing and 2 washers.

i dont have any of them . mite see my dad

i dont have any of them . mite see my dad

the picture you have on your sig looks interesting, any chance of a larger version? i have just noticed that your from selby too, i'm back at the parents in garforth for christmas so your not a million miles away.!

Edited by 1 Litre Screamer

have a look in well i.ve started in tunning wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

yer i was out your way the other day in kipax at the car parts place

have a look in well i.ve started in tunning wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

yer i was out your way the other day in kipax at the car parts place

i used to work there years ago, the guy that owns it is a close freind of my family, scarily small world!! rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

it is shame i dont have the lupo on the road yet would be some good pic as mine is the same blue as yours

it is shame i dont have the lupo on the road yet would be some good pic as mine is the same blue as yours

and isn't it a git to get paint for! i'm trying to get some paint to do the roll cage and the floor pan where i have removed the sound deadening but its so hard to find any place that stocks it. I'll have to go get a tin mixed once every where opens again.

and isn't it a git to get paint for! i'm trying to get some paint to do the roll cage and the floor pan where i have removed the sound deadening but its so hard to find any place that stocks it. I'll have to go get a tin mixed once every where opens again.

thanks now i'm worryed cos got bits that need painting huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

I have once again been outside in the snow and freezing cold trying to find more surplus material to take off the lupo, after taking the rear bumper off i have found a really big steel box section that is obviously there as a crush structure,not anymore!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> it bloody heavy too,so tomorrow i will have a trip round to the front to see if its the same there.

I have once again been outside in the snow and freezing cold trying to find more surplus material to take off the lupo, after taking the rear bumper off i have found a really big steel box section that is obviously there as a crush structure,not anymore!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> it bloody heavy too,so tomorrow i will have a trip round to the front to see if its the same there.

put a sign on the boot saying dont hit me i will crumble biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

the front is the same but it holds the bumper on wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

put a sign on the boot saying dont hit me i will crumble biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

the front is the same but it holds the bumper on wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

thanks for that, i'll take it off and drill lots of holes then refit!! to be honest looking at the strength of the car the whole thing would crumble if it got hit,hence the FIA approved roll cage. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

cool forgot bout the cage the slam panel is very heavy drill that as well could make a good saving there

wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

cool forgot bout the cage the slam panel is very heavy drill that as well could make a good saving there

wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

isnt it made from a composite material?

yeah but heavy make a carbon one clubloopfront.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

it holds the rad and evreything and holds the crashbar as well

Edited by noddy1

yeah but heavy make a carbon one wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

i think i'll drill it and get the dremmel out! it would take to much messing around to make a carbon replacement. The airbags are coming out tomorrow hopefully. The first thing i have to do is clear the garage so that i can get the car in,80 feet of garage and no room for a lupo! I hope the bags dont go off as i disconnect them,not looking forward to this bit.

well if tigz can do it anyone can laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I have got to the point of painting the rollcage too, i was going to spray it the same blue as the car but alot of people are saying black would be better, any thought peeps? remember that only the rear diagonals will be seen as the majority will be hidden by the padding around the tubes.

lupoandissy008.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

go body colour looks ace

ff_0.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

shame your not going full striped out

65_12_s.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

how cool does that look

Edited by noddy1

super bling Porka in the background!!

yeah thats mine wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

• Like 1

is that next years christmas wish?

yes!!!! santa said it wouldnt fit in his sack this year sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

After a few days of intermitent work i finally have the cage out and ready to paint, almost didnt have a lupo or garage about an hour ago though! i was just finishing welding the seat brackets in and thought my leg was getting warm so i stopped welding and looked down to see BIG flames coming from under the car,D'oh. so lots of blowing and hitting and spitting and i got it out,seems i missed a little underseal on my prep work! atleast its not there anymore. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I now have a blue cage and hands,face,dads garage,tool box,everything is blue!! but atleast the cage is done. i should be able to get it all in and completed tomorrow then take it out for a good old thrash around the twisty lanes to see how it handles. DSC00614.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />