Color matched paint (Flash Red)

Just a quickie to let you peeps know what my personal opinion was of different Halfrauds paints. I needed some Flash Red (LP3G) paint for my Arosa the other day and bought an aerosol can from Halfrauds. I was very, very dissapointed with the colour match to say the least, Flash red is a bright vivid colour and the colour from the can was more like a red oxide colour!!!!??? Paintsmall3.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Edited by ArosaPD

never had any problems with the pre mixed tins before...

The only other problem, is that their are several different "Seat - Flash red"

our system lists 9 of them, So obviously you'd need to take your colour code along to make sure you get the right one

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I'm glad you actually managed to get a tin of paint mixed!

all our local stores send everyoen to us, as they CBA mixing paint. where as me on the other hand... Its an excuse to get high off paint fumes.

I can be quite fussy with paint matching, didn't know there were that many Flash reds out there. I suppose the colour match paints that are mixed in-store can only be as good as the person that is adding the ingredients 'as it were'??!!

To be totally honest i have the exact same problem with mixed paint tins for use with my compressor ive had many variations from lighter tones to darker tones when having paint mixed and the first time was when i gave them the code and a fuel cap for exact match

its all pure luck to get a spot on match as the mixer has to be paying pure attention and makes sure it all gets done properly one more drop of the darker colouriser and youve got a different shade

and AROSAPD your car seriously does not look like youve used aerosols i thought you had a full compressor set up like me for how good it looks?

wayne

well all the weights are on the computer, so providing they put the correct amounds in, and you give the correct code, you can't go wrong.

The Holts minimix paint is real good stuff though smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> the envy of bodyshops wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

and the great thing is... my colour doesnt even need mixing biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

1 ingredient - 9005 - Deep Black

All the paint for my side skirts, bumpers, tailgate spoiler has come from automotive paint suppliers, but I had just enough to finish the front bumper off. Wayne, I have now de-locked the driver's door handle but did not even have a dribble of paint left to paint the blank with, hence the fact I bought an aerosols from Halfords. But that matters not now, as you know some pratt cracked my rear bumper about 2 weeks ago and I have ordered some more paint today to spray it with. huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

so just to clarify do you have the full spray equipment such as compressor and gun like me? or are you really really good with mixed aerosols? if its the aerosols im gob smacked

damn nice anyway and as you will have noticed it really is amazing the different ways the paint mixing people can get it wrong such as with my last car it was mica paint (like scooby blue) and one place put too much flake in so it glistend like hell in the sun but there wasnt enough green colouriser to go with the blue (it was turqoise) so it showed the colour difference up more in the sun

wayne