VW CD Player Connections

The Gamma stereo and single disc cd player I bought has arrived today. Just wondering about one thing. On the back of the cd player theres 2 connectors. One next to the wire which goes to the cassette player and another 2 pin one on the other corner of the cd player.

Does anyone know what these are for ?

I'm assuming that I plug the cd player into the gamma and it will work (from what I've been told) but what are the other connector's used for ?

I've found out what the connector next to the wiring is for. Its for a seperate CD changer.

Anyone know what the 2 pin connector is for ?

the 2 pin connection is for lighting the unit up, so you'll need an adaptor cable 6x0 051 734 a which is £13.70 from vw. basically, it connects on the iso loom, and provides a connection to the player for illumination

Cheers for that.

I was wondering why it hadn't lit up. Just finished fitting the stereo and cd player and thought the lights had gone on the cd player wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Edit:

Just got off the phone and the cable has cost me £22 from my local VW (Stoke) dealer and got to wait 4 days for delivery blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Edited by Rookwise

• 2 weeks later...
I've found out what the connector next to the wiring is for. Its for a seperate CD changer.

Anyone know what the 2 pin connector is for ?

Hi mate

Can you describe the CD changer connection?

I'm hoping it looks like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...bayphotohosting

It seems the perfect, cheap answer to my ipod connection prayers!

Cheers

yes mate, i reckon that would work!

Cheers for that.

I was wondering why it hadn't lit up. Just finished fitting the stereo and cd player and thought the lights had gone on the cd player wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Edit:

Just got off the phone and the cable has cost me £22 from my local VW (Stoke) dealer and got to wait 4 days for delivery blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

thats way too expensive!

Hi mate

Can you describe the CD changer connection?

I'm hoping it looks like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...bayphotohosting

It seems the perfect, cheap answer to my ipod connection prayers!

Cheers

Yup. same type of connection. You might be able to plug it directly into you stereo as theres one more aux socket left after plugging in the cd player.

Will certainly go in the output of the CD player though.

Aye. I noticed after posting. The other one on the Gamma (yellow) is an output. Connect to an amp maybe ?

But the cd changer input on the single disc player is certainly the same type of port as where the cd player goes into the Gamma unit as it also a blue mini iso.

on the single cd player, the blue connector slot is for connecting a cd-changer. u press the select button on the unit to select it. so i don't see any reason why using this connection and selecting it thru the cd player, that it wouldn't work!

I looked into one of those ipod connectors before but wasn't sure if it would work in conjunction with the CD player or if it would be a choice between one or the other.

Also, the BETA unit only has one aux connecter IIRC.

Anyway, they are available for only £6.99 here

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_in...d68b8cd7fbbdcfb

******. Cable arrived, plugged it in, no joy.

I see the link above mentions 'stereos from 2004 onwards'

Mine's a Gamma HU/Single CD player from 2001 - could that be the problem?

The lead itself is three strand, which I'm guessing are audio L & R, plus some kind of common line?

Can anyone help solve this problem, perhaps with a pin out diagram for the CD player? Cheers.