1/4 Mile times

Petrified

Just wondering if you've taken your lupo/arosa down the strip what time were you getting, where were you? which engine and any mods? Conversions would be very interesting too.

I'm thinking that a 1.4 sport may achieve very low 17's and a gti high 15's?

James.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lupo is geared for mid range grunt though, so its to be expected.

14.7 seconds at Pod?

You see that with your own eyes or this something you heard?

The Lupo isn't a fast car by any meens.

Its heavier than the Saxo.

I wouldn't think 1.3 seconds heavier, but again the 6 speed box and mid range gearing doesn't help.

I dont think you could class the Lupo in the same class a 180+ Clio or Civic.

Edited by Tigz

I've seen one guy at pod with a stripped out chipped 172 getting mid 14's. And my gti standard was getting 14.7 so that vts must have been superquick.

I should be getting under 14 in the gti, just need a good run and not mess it up.

My fastest so far is 14.16@99.29 (in my sig) but I have run a 14.2@102mph so it looks like it is possible.

I'm planning a revo remap later in the year and take it from 230bhp to 270bhp so guessing that will be good for mid to low 13's shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Anyone take a lupo 1.8t, supercharged, g40'd, v6'd down the strip?

Edited by Petrified

Not seen any of them at Pod.

Got a few times what PVW got.

Ian Carvel in his 1.8T Cup car

150bhp (from 2-5krpm biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />)

13.67 @135.7mph

Mrs Bs 1.8T

14.2 seconds @ 138.9mph

Dont think Venom ever took his anywhere his trade stand wasn't and I dont think the new owner has taken it to the strip yet.

Dubsports V6 I cant remember any recorded times.

If I remember correctly, it wasn't that quick.

But Im sure the new owner will be taking it up the strip once its back on the road later this month!

Not trying to dismiss it but something doesnt look right.

330ft time is 6.204

1/8 mile (660ft) is 7.019

so did it shift 330ft in 0.815 seconds ?

even for that sort of time 14.8 it should be taking more like 3 seconds surely?

and there is no 1/8 mph.

Did the timing gear mess up? or just a fast car?

Err i dunno what to say to you guys lol? Its real, a few hundred people can vouch for the time as they were witnesses, its no un commen for VTS's to run quick times. Check out SSC, the guy who got this time is called Nick, hes well known around the SSC lot and they'll vouch for the time.

No timing gear messed up, coz the car most deffinately beat the one next to it! He had a few runs, ranging from the high 14's to the low 15's.

I dont know whats so hard to believe chaps?

easy tiger I'm not saying I don't beleive it. Just the times on the slip don't look right. I'm sure the 1/4 time and speed are correct as I was getting identical time/speed's in my car at first. just the details in the middle look a bit messed up.

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> yeah wouldn't mind seeing. It's just on that slip I would expect to see a 1/8 mile time of 9.5/9.6 seconds and a 1/8 speed of around 76/78mph.

I think on that slip the 1/8 time is wrong maybe that's why it didn't print the mph but corrected itself on the finish.

The Saxo is what 120bhp?

Power to weight is around the same if I remember correctly.

I think a 172 is about half a second quicker to 60mph than the VTS 7.8 seconds.

Searching the interweb shows the avrage time of 15.3 seconds on the useal Paxo forums.

But also shows 16.01 second 1/4 miles times Here

I would have thought thats more accurate.

There is a couple of Pod'ers hitting high 14s as well though.

Edited by Tigz

Tigz -range from 120 to 130 standard, dont get me started on this one lol, theres always mass debates over the stock power.

As you can see from your own digging up, for a VTS to get 14.8 its not that un commen smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Heres two more slips. Slightly slower, running low 15's.

Heres the best of them:

nickvts4ms.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" />

And the rest...

17lh1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> 23jl1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> 35sy.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" />

Do see what you mean about the 1/8 mile time on the first one, looks like there was an error, then it corrected it.

Heres the SSC top 1/4 mile times. You'll be looking for "Nickhead".

top255by.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" />

Haven't ever done a 1/4 mile in the Turbo mate. When we all went to USC this year i had a 1.1 106, lol when i traded it for the Turbo a few months ago, me and a friend were going onto the motor way, foot planted to the floor and the poor 106 couldnt overtake a Ford Ka, with a late 40's woman behind the wheel reading a newspaper.

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I'm not saying your lying smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I just mean that either the Saxo isn't as standard as it seems, or the times at the Pod are a bit out...

Bear in mind that Petrified's Golf was getting low 14's, and that would seriously out pace a Saxo - certainly more than 0.5 sec on a run

Plus the fact that plenty of LupoGTi's (which also RR at about 130-135bhp) can (just) about keep up with a VTS. ..... 1.2 seconds quicker across the 1/4 mile is a huge difference - to do that a VTS would really have to monster away from a GTi, and it doesn't.

It just doesn't add up!