New guy here...

Messy

Hey everyone,

I'll start by introducing myself, my name is Messy i live in Swindon, Wiltshire. I currently have a Saxo VTR with a Turbo Conversion, previous to this i had a 106 -so both french cars, both were modded, but nothing too "max power".

Ive decided to sell my current car and purchase a Lupo, i'll have 5k MAX to spend on the actual car. So obviously i want the best i can get for the money. Plans are to slam it euro style and really work to compliment the existing styling. Ive never been afraid to spend a bit of money to get it done right, if i do it, i'll do it properly.

So, advice please chaps, which Lupo? What can i get for 5k? What should i be looking for, avoiding etc.

Many thanks smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Look forward to becoming part of the community.

welcome to the club mate need abit more info on what you are looking for ie. deisel or petrol etc you could get yourself a tidy loop for that money maybe not a GTi thought it thats what your are after!

Going to have to be petrol. Going to have to be nippy, the sport editions look pretty good for the money. Whats the difference when it comes to the standard "kits" on them? For example on the 106's, you have the base model, which has no kit, then the "quick silver" which has the GTI kit on but just a smaller engine. Is this the case for the "sport" Lupos?

Also welcome!!

Get a lupo sport, or if you dont mind hunting you will find a GTI for under £5000 (i did and im du du du du duuuu im loving it)

Or buy a 1.4 SE and then spend the money left on modding it.

Going to have to be petrol. Going to have to be nippy, the sport editions look pretty good for the money. Whats the difference when it comes to the standard "kits" on them? For example on the 106's, you have the base model,  which has no kit, then the "quick silver" which has the GTI kit on but just a smaller engine. Is this the case for the "sport" Lupos?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi messy and welcome!

as you say its got to be nippy the the sport is very nippy. its a 1.4 16v 100bhp. there faster then a standard vtr. very good cars i love mine!

The sport looks the same as the 1.0.

The GTi is the only one that looks any diffrence.

But if your wanting to slam it, theres no real reason to need a kit.

My car started life as a 1.0 but looks as good as any GTi.

The Sport is the bargin out the two.

I wouldn't bother with any other model, as the brakes and extra 25hp at high revs makes the extra cash for the sport worth the while.

The Sport does come with a single ovel central exit exhaust with cut out in the rear bumper.

Again, its a matter of opinion, but I prefere the look of the non sport rear bumper, as once smoothed looks a lot better than the cut out.

The GTi is the one to look for though.

Alu bonnet, front wings and doors, and battery relocated to the boot to help with wieght distrubtion.

Xenon headlamps, and seperate lide lights are cool as you like.

Deeper front and rear bumpers completly change the look of the car.

Rounder flared rear wings, deeper sills and twin central exit exhaust make all the diffrence.

You could probably pick up a nice GTi for £5k, be it with a little higher milage.

The 1600 engine may not be that much quicker than the 1.4 sport, but the extra touque will make a noticable diffrence.

the GTi 'Kit' isn't really a kit.

It has completly diffrent body panels.

My car started life as a 1.0 but looks as good as any GTi.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Personal choice biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

well the sport comes with alloys. the 1.0 dont. also you get the center exhaust on the sport so it does look a little different then the 1.0

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Sport does come with a single ovel central exit exhaust with cut out in the rear bumper.

Again, its a matter of opinion, but I prefere the look of the non sport rear bumper, as once smoothed looks a lot better than the cut out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And mate, the 1.0 does come with alloys if you tick the box!

But whats the point in paying extra for alloys when you'll replace them anyway!!!

can you tick the box on a second hand car  laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You dont need to buy a second hand car, can pick up a new one for £7k wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

£450 for a 1.4 engine tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Welcome to the club biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

As for the money you have, I'd go with what others have said and look at Sports, especially as you're used to the VTR's 'power' and anything less will seem probably a little tame.

Another matter is insurance, Sport group 6, GTi group 11.

Al