54 plate 10k service strange

_lupogti_

54 plate i bought it 4 months ago with 2 k now iv hit 10k my service oil has came on so i called to book it in they said(what year ect then said it may not need it till 19k miles bring it in and we will tell you ) whats that about it either needs it or it dont i just dont get it???

i think they're thinking the lupo is on long-life servicing, which means that a petrol engined car can go 2 yrs or 19000 miles between services, and diesel cars 2 yrs and 30000 miles.

this is NOT the case with lupo's tho as the lupo is the only car in vw's line-up that doesn't have this service schedule!

also, they need to be told that these are the maximum times, it is dependant on the way the vehicle is driven as to when it will need a service, ie, if you hammer the crap outta it, it will need a service before those times as the oil will degrade quicker.

54 plate i bought it 4 months ago with 2 k now iv hit 10k my service oil has came on so i called to book it in they said(what year ect then said it may not need it till 19k miles bring it in and we will tell you ) whats that about it either needs it or it dont i just dont get it???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I bought mine at 7,000 miles and they carried out the 10,000 mile service before I took delivery. They forgot to reset the service indicator though which came on when I reached 10,000. Its easy to cancel though - I think you just hold down the clock change button while switching the ignition on and off - thats what the dealer did with mine and said that everytime it was reset it would automatically come on again in after 10,000 miles from the point it was reset.

Edited by Phantom Photon