High Level Brake Light not workin...

Saz

My high level brake light stopped working so took it to my local stealer - explained that it was a common prob with the Lupos etc thinking they would sort it as my car is still under warranty. Stealer is saying that it is the wiring and that it is covered by the warranty but not by the extended warranty that I have. They say they will have to check with VW and get back to me.

Does anyone know if this is the case or had any experience of this themselves? I want to be fully armed for when they get back to me!! tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Thank you!

mine stopped working, and was replaced under warranty. but i dont theink they knew what the hell they were doing to be honest cos they smashed the unit trying to remove it.

the guy said it was down to a faulty light unit...

who knows confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

i've had 4 of these in a year! leak water thru the seal around the lite, mine were done under warranty, but the last time, i had a new spoiler fitted too!

Ah welcome to the sub group of 'shagged rear brake lights'.

Mine was caused by condensation rusting away the contacts - IMO that's a design fault. Mine was out of warranty but lost of other good people seem to have had theirs done no probs. Good luck!

Thanks for all your replies - seems I'm a new 'member'! tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I will persevere (hope thats spelt right..) with them - just feel they're trying to fob me off with this whole 'not covered by the extended warranty'. I can feel a strongly worded letter coming on....

Lupogtiboy - I cant believe you've had 4 in 1 year!

any idea how the light unit comes out?? as my one is also shagged, and a corner is missing angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />