Details of Northy Meet / Directions - Maps and stuff

bossjohnc

Here's a map showing the meeting place: (see blue arrow/red circle)

Assemble.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Click here to explore the area

To get there, essentially take the A45 from any Northy M1 Junction, 15, 15A or 16 (although 15 is probably slightly easier as it cuts out a few roundabouts), take the A45 towards Northampton, and keep going.

You might see a few SantaPod signs at the side of the road (tiny blue squares) but ignore them completely, they're next to useless and confused me!

You'll go through a 60 limit when passing next to Northy, there are police around so be careful, no cameras though.

The first roundabout you come to after Northy is where we meet. It's a big roundabout, and the meeting place is on the second exit (straight ahead). This is where the A45 meets the A509.

Go in to the car park, and do a right to park in front of the pub/restraunt:

Assemble1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Might be a good idea to park right at the edge so people can see us smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

If you miss us leaving at 8:30, follow these instructions:

There are several ways to get to Santa Pod, this is one of them...

You need to take the A509 SOUTH. This will be the first exit after leaving the meeting point, or right if you're coming from the A45. This bit of the road is the same road as the A45 North.

Keep following the signs for the A509.

As soon as you leave the A45 (turning off right for the A509), you should come to a roundabout almost immediately. Take the left here, the road is called "Gypsy Lane".

Carry on down here until you reach a village (stick to 30, there was a mobile camera there when I visited clocking people coming from the 60 to the 30. Git.)

Take the first major looking right, signposted to "Wollaston".

Keep going down that road until you see a left signposted to "Hinwick/Poddington". Take that road.

Keep going to the end of the road, and you'll come to a small jagged crossroads with big "SANTA POD" signs directly opposite you. Go in there!!

If we break up on the way to SP, we can always `re-group` on the road up to the gates (after the signs).

If Santa Pod gets rained off, we can still go Karting, although it's not that cheap... watching is fun also though.

30 minutes will cost you £25

To get there, take the A428 from the A45 (back down to Northampton from the meet spot

Go through town for a bit, and eventually you'll see a pub (Thomas A Beckett) on the left at a junction. Take the left just before the pub, and (I think) the first right and the karting is right down the end. It's signed at the top of the road it's on anyway.

Cant wait for next sunday!!

Will be good to put names to faces!!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

BRRMMM BBBRRRM indeed cant wait till next sunday couting the days now

tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Paul,

Was going to send you a PM... doesn't look like anyone will be there for the Sat, as all want to be there on the Sun and not stay overnight!

I'll be there on Saturday as I'm coming down from Brum anyway, and I have a hotel booked, but I think I'll be the only one there.

Hope you can make the Sunday as it sounds like it's gonna be a big one!

Well im 150% Sunday, cant wait, hopeing to have a new little toy before then, no clues, just gonna say it'll be the 1st one ever done like this biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />