Speakers

Right, i have found yet another barrier for my ICE Lupo, and this would be, that i hear it has rear speakers as well!!! when i went to test drive the car i never really checked it, just nailed it about at high speed!

If these rear speakers exist, where are they? and how big are they? i wasn't planning to have rear speakers, but if VW have given me the space i feel it would be rude not to use it! I imagine that in the rear unlike the front there are no tweeter holes?

I have some JL 5.25" VR's and i love them, but may swap them for a set of Focal Utopia's, or maybe just put the Jl's in the rear and the Focals up front!

any views?

Not alot is known about the rears, other than there is a Mid and a Tweeter hidden behind that grey mesh next to the rear seats....

I've been told that they were 17cm speakers, but there is no way you'd get 17cm speakers behind that little mesh.

I tried to pull the card off to have a look behind, but this damn VW build quality means it stuck fairly firm!

It depends on whether you mean European or UK Lupo's?

I only know of the UK Spec....and the GTi gets the 8 speaker setup, and every other model gets a 4 speaker setup...

But I'm not sure whether you get 2 front and 2 rear, or just the 4 speaker (2xtweet, 2xmid) up front....

And I think Euro spec ones are different....

Hi C17,

All the Lupo's MY 2001-> have holes in the rear to fit some speakers; the GTI being the only one that has them mounted in Wolfsburg. I've mounted some KEnwoods in there, 16,5 cm (6,5 inches?) with some `self-made` MDF adapter rings. I was a bit disappointed, because my sister, who has my old Lupo, has mounted some speakers on "the thing that is above the trunk" (i just don't know how the hell I should call that...) and they sound a bit better. Maybe it's because my front system is quite powerful and I don't hear the rears? (Boston Rally 6,5 on a Crunch amp)

Alvaro: If your Lupo has been built after 6/2000 you should have the holes. You just need to pull off the rear panels with decision (don't forget to buy some clips @ your dealer...smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> ) and then you can amuse yourself trying to fit the speakers... I still don't have panels on, because they're hella expensive...

Cool i ave to get a close look at that... smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Careful u say? think i don't undestand that word biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

It depends....

If it's warm weather, leave your car on the outside for some hours, so that the clips get a bit flexible and then pull off the panel with "careful violence" smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> and be prepared to buy some clips, b/c there will be surely 1 or 2 that will break...I think htere are 8 clips per panel, but I may be wrong...did it a long time ago

• 3 years later...