Headunit with built in screen? - Anyone got one?

Has anyone out there got dvd/vcd playing equipment in there Lupo?

I fancy one of those headunits where the screen comes out but would like to find out some opinions of these from peeps on here.

I think it would be good with tints for the passengers on long journeys.

Cheers

Liam

Try 3 posts down biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> not sure if it is just a screen or a head unit one but sounds like he might know.

I have(/had at the moment:() a Kenwood `KVC-1000` screen in my Rallye and I cant fault it. Its fully motorised, touch screen, runs a CD changer, radio, TV (ie, BBC1 etc) and I also have full sat nav linked up to it.

Its been in my car a couple of years now and I havent had any problems with it, mine is the older model so hasnt got the built in DVD player which I dont mind cause I have my PS2 linked into it all aswell.

fd5a3f4b.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

At the moment theres 4 screens planned for the Rallye once it goes back together blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

As for the Lupo, not 100% sure yet but that will I think just be getting a LCD screen solid or motorised but will have to see what I can get hold of.

I say go for it!! you cant have to much multimedia in your life :thumbs:

One more note though, a few of my mates have the Alpine screen and they are continually having problems with as the display keeps breaking down (one lad has had 4 screen now from Alipne!!)

• 2 weeks later...

I never really had any problems with it, but I was and still might (if I keep the Mk3 dash wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ) cut some vents in the front.

There is actually a fan in the back of the OEM heater vent (the one to the right) sucking hot air out, clever eh.