Some people may find...

Its a little device that reads the fault codes and displays them on a little readout. I know some people here have vag-com on their laptops, which of course offers more flexibility, but for a car maintenance phobe like me this would be an easy way of telling if the vw dealer is 'pulling your pisser' as Pierce Brosnan once said.

Pistonheads news story.

I'd be happier if it gave you the VW fault code, rather than some made up 4-digit number of its own.

I'm sure it'll be happy with 'second lambda sensor not working', but will they really have programmed it to show something like 'fuel pump relay short to b+'?

Sounds useful for clearing fault codes though. But I'd rather go with something like the ScanGauge if I didn't want a PC-based solution - not only does it show the standard OBD2 fault codes, it also lets you display stats as you drive along.

Cool, you know best as I am not afraid to admit that I know frack all about such things, just bringing the news to the forum wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I wouldn't even know where to plug it in, actually thats a lie, I recall seeing the guy plug his tablet device into a socket under the ash tray.

Snoop, I've been meaning you to ask this for months, if you ever attend a meet that I do, any chance you could tinker with my cars settings in vag-com and switch on the auto-locking setting? That is presuming you still have the tools now you've gone to the 'other side' wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />