My knob keeps slipping out

Tripod

My lock knob keeps disappearing into the door, I thought after 10 years of ownership I should probably fix it. I need to get one of these that is not broken:1005768448_Screenshot_20240425_155301_Photos2.thumb.jpg.98aac973113f1ca439c67b8c0e48a1b3.jpg

Does anyone know if it has a part number? Or have one kicking around somewhere that they don't need?

3B0 867 109 01C - £5.28 inc vat from VW, still available. Oh and VW call it a rosette, you may get the phone hung up on you if you ask for a knob! 

Excellent, thank you. Knowing the name of what you want always helps. I'm not sure I could have described it very easily without using the words knob and thingummy a few times. I guess the lock pin that goes through the rosette also has a 'technical term'?

Kind of on the same subject, does anyone have any tips on adhesive for sticking the plastic brackets back onto the door cards? A few of mine have fallen off or remained attached to the clips. They've left no damage on the card or any trace of what they were stuck with.

On 4/26/2024 at 12:23 PM, Tripod said:

Excellent, thank you. Knowing the name of what you want always helps. I'm not sure I could have described it very easily without using the words knob and thingummy a few times. I guess the lock pin that goes through the rosette also has a 'technical term'?

ETKA describes this part as, and I quote

"knob for locking rod, satin black" - 3B0 837 187 B 01C £2.94 inc vat and available to order. So in this instance, it's ok to ask for a knob, just use the 'locking knob' term and not black knob lol!