Brand new around here

ChrisJ78

Hi all,

Just joined as while looking for a second car I've come across a 2001 1.4 automatic Lupo. I'm about 90% sold on it already but thought I would ask all you knowledgeable people how they are for parts these days. 

garage selling has just MOT'd and serviced with no issues so initially will be fine but looking further ahead I thought I better check. Dont want to find myself stuck in six months when a garage tells me they cant do any repairs as they cant find parts.

Thanks in advance

Parts, easy. Common and cheap. Good little car.

But.

On the auto, it is >>>essential<<< that you know that the fluids have been changed and flushed regularly. Most people neglect them and the auto box fails. They should have a fluid change (and new filter) at least every five years or around 30k miles. Some say that they are sealed/filled for life. Not true. You can usually tell the condition when you drop the pan and inspect the magnet that catches any chips or metal particles. The old fluid should be clear, not cloudy or burnt smelling.