Lupo GTI drivers electric window fault

Lupifer

If anyone can offer any help I would be eternally grateful!

Lupo GTI 2002. The driver’s electric window stopped working a few months back and the regulator was replaced.

However it still acted up and worked intermittently but as it’s been winter I just haven’t used it.

Then today I forgot and opened the window. It wouldn’t close using the switch but luckily it closed using the key in the lock.

But the window must have dropped as it was open about an inch when I went back to the car. When I tried the switch it wouldn’t close but will open. Worse still, it won’t even close with the key in the lock so now it’s stuck open.

The passenger one works perfectly with both the switch and key in lock.

Please help as it’s sending me insane!

There's a how to... That is assuming that it's not the switch. If it works fully by lock control, then most probably the switch needs replacing inside (you can buy the separate switch units, but you need to do some soldering).

Let us all know how you get on. :)

Edited by mk2

Thank you. It won’t work anymore by putting the key in the lock or by the switch. The only direction it worked in was open! Now I cannot close it using any method. 

Which switch is it please that is located internally? Is it where the window switch plugs into?

Switch is in door. But now sounds more like a gummed up track or bits on the motor sensor. See how to...

A slow window is usually caused by gunge in the felt window tracks. Silicone oil spray often helps.

Not the loom.

• 2 weeks later...

Update. It appears to be an issue with the fuse by the battery. The cover was off and when we secured it back together and ‘wiggled’ the wiring, the window closed!! For now the car is secure again so I will wait for some dry weather and investigate further. 
If anyone else has any previous experience of a similar issue please share :)