Parts and Spares

Trims

It seems to be getting more difficult with VAG discontinuing a lot of original parts (eg snapped clutch cable) for Lupo/Arosa/Polo 6N.  Some of the soft parts eg drive gaiters have expiry dates on original VW parts.  Does anyone have an opinion as to how relevant these dates are? 

Cambelts I've been told don't have a shelf life until they're actually fitted - unlike the above.  Thoughts, anyone?

Clutch cable support 6N1 721 981.  What does it do, if anything? Is it a wear part?

Whilst researching have come across some more obscure items:
SDI oil pressure switch 038 919 081C (now K) genuine - still available from VAG (££)
SDI engine cover rear fixings 028 103 937A the three-legged ones (that break) - Volkswagen Classic Parts (Germany)
Lupo clip 6X0 853 575 indicator panel to front wing - eBay from Germany (postage £££).  I had ordered a number before and forgotten so currently have more than I will use. PM me if you need some.

Good to know about the three legged engine cover clips. I need three. And the indicator to front panel clips- i need a set of 4...

Rubber stuff is fine in storage for ages, so long as its kept out of sunlight... The UV makes rubber perish.

No idea on the other stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

Clever. And by leaving the two slots to the side (next to the one you made), if you ever find the real 3 legged caps they'll pop back in no problem. Great solution! :)

• Like 1