Looking for a Lupo 1.4 16 sport 100hp

Bdzie

On 4/18/2023 at 12:11 PM, The Penguin said:

Why, a TDI is a quicker car, more fuel efficient and has a hydraulic gearbox, the cable change gearbox is a major weakness of the 1.4 engined cars 

what litre engine diesel would you recommend?

If had a few of these so I do recommend the 1.4 3 cylinder TDI, factory out put 73 bhp but an easy remap [£200] to 100-110 bhp with an increase in torque too, easy 60 mpg, 70 mpg  with moderation. The Arosa is usually slightly cheaper to buy than the Lupo. If you get the sport version you have a slightly lowered suspension. 

Nothing wrong with the 1.4 16v Sport but people are over valuing them and they can't be uprated easily or cheaply.  

4 hours ago, The Penguin said:

You should check the ULEZ situation though for any older car if you live in London

Yeah it does seem that the 1.4 diesel does not pass ULEZ, i know the 1.4 petrol does but i might look around a bit more see what im able to do

Its the same engine that's in the A2 which means it may pass the test but VW didn't bother having it tested.

One other issue for you to bear in mind a remapped TDI is a seriously fast car, its mid range acceleration will shock you, the downside is that the cars brakes are marginal, in this respect the 100bhp petrol cars brakes are better because they have rear discs

On 4/22/2023 at 10:17 AM, The Penguin said:

Its the same engine that's in the A2 which means it may pass the test but VW didn't bother having it tested.

One other issue for you to bear in mind a remapped TDI is a seriously fast car, its mid range acceleration will shock you, the downside is that the cars brakes are marginal, in this respect the 100bhp petrol cars brakes are better because they have rear discs

The TDI sounds great, the only issue is the fact that it doesn't pass the ULEZ charge and i'm planning to stay in London for quite a bit

• Like 1