SORN VW Fox for sale - spares or repair

Tingers

Hi all

I have my daughters yellow VW Fox for sale which she purchased 12 months ago but failed its MOT in October on emissions. It's an 07 plate and the rest of the MOT was fine - just an advisory on a small exhaust hole ( which I plugged) and a lamp out on the high level brake light.

It has new discs and pads on the front and new wipers on the front. I also change the oil and filter when she got it since when it has moved probably less than 250 miles.

The car had a very lumpy idle when we bought it but I naively believed this to be damp plugs etc as it had only done a few hundred miles the previous year.

New plugs and coils made no difference ( which I have since swapped out with a newer, replacement, Fox)

I sent the injectors off to be checked and they came back with a clean bill of health.

The pre and post CAT Lambdas checked out OK and then I did a compression test.... 

From left to right the readings I got were 175 - 125 - 90

Narrowing the issue down to potentially head gasket or piston ring, the cost of making repairs isn't realistic as I'd have to pay someone to do it. We have now bought another Fox - a 60 plate and the very basic model - but with an engine than is sweet :) so are offering the old vehicle for spares or repair for a budding mechanic.

One final thing - the central locking stopped working on the plip key but both doors unlock using the key.

Make: VW Fox

Model: 1.2 Urban

MOT: Failed in October 2019 on emissions - high CO

TAX: SORN in January 2020

Engine size: 1.2

Fuel type: Petrol

Description including modifications: As above - failed MOT on emissions - high CO. The exhaust smells very rich of fuel.

Price: Offers - £250? Buyer would have to collect.

IMG_20200205_121529.jpg

IMG_20200205_121603.jpg

IMG_20200205_121616.jpg

IMG_20200205_121633.jpg

IMG_20200205_121726.jpg

• 1 year later...