Where's my old car..?

Rich C UK

Haven't been here for a while but got thinking last night what ever happened to my old loop.

Sold it Oct last year to a guy from Berks, wondered whether he frequented here (gave him the details when he picked it up) and it was all that he hoped.

Perhaps I'm setting myself up for abuse - hope not.. still miss the car - relationship with the Mini Cabriolet didn't work out - not half as many smiles per mile - now running a VW Golf GT TDi - hmm 100 miles commuting a day is my excuse - oh, and (another) Boxster S whilst wating for the AM V8 - life can be tough biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Sandringham way if I remember correctly - living with his g/f in her parents 'spare' house - seemed quite keen on doing a few mods on the car and deffo internet savvy so surprised if he hasn't turned up on some forum somewhere.

It's me other halfs 30th in a few months - she really missed the Loop when it went so toying with the idea of buying her a Gti for her b'day - we'll see, her Ka's getting a bit long in the tooth now. And I wouldn't mind seeing another one on the drive - still brings a smile to my face when I see one blatting around.

Haven't been here for a while but got thinking last night what ever happened to my old loop.

Sold it Oct last year to a guy from Berks, wondered whether he frequented here (gave him the details when he picked it up) and it was all that he hoped.

Perhaps I'm setting myself up for abuse - hope not.. still miss the car - relationship with the Mini Cabriolet didn't work out - not half as many smiles per mile - now running a VW Golf GT TDi - hmm 100 miles commuting a day is my excuse - oh, and (another) Boxster S whilst wating for the AM V8 - life can be tough  biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That would be me!!!!

Yep still have the Lupo GTi - and am loving it! My girlfriend really loves the car so I might be swapping it for something else in the not so distant future - but unless it is something equally special - there is no way I am giving it up!

Fancy a swap when you get your AM V8?!!!

Edited by benspain_uk

Excellent Ben - glad you're enjoying it (was worried I'd get a torrent of abuse if you hadn't blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> )

Hmm - Loop for AM V8 - let me think on that one...... whistle.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":whistle:" border="0" alt="whistle.gif" />

When are you expecting the AMV8? Aren't you a bit miffed at the 20k price increase and the fact you get precisely fock all as standard?

Sorry, just interested. New Boxster S? Good choice, what colour, spec? Porsche spec lists are a nightmare!

AMV8 - is starting to get a bit pricey, was expecting it to be around 75k, now they're talking 80 + I'd probably 'need' to put another 5k in options into it. We're talking 997 turbo prices now. Before they released prices dealer was talking late '06/early 07 - be interesting to see what happens to the list now. Seen them on the road though, look and sound fantastic, they were shaking them down at Thurxton not too far from me. We'll see nearer the time - I've two fully refundable deposits down - one on the confirmed Coupe and a speculative one on a rumoured Volante version (cabriolet to you and me)

Also have a speculative deposit on the rumoured baby Ferrari (Dino?) at a similar price point.

The Boxster is great - makes a much better noise than my last one (and 2001 'S') and the quality is head and sholders above it - can also feel the improved mid range punch. (Although the Golf 2.0TDi I'm also running is pretty impressive in that respect too) - spec, Seal Grey (again), full Black leather, Xenons, 19" Carrara S alloys, Bose and more, sure is purdy....

siblings2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

(Before the Mini went.....)

Edited by Rich C UK

AMV8 - is starting to get a bit pricey, was expecting it to be around 75k, now they're talking 80 + I'd probably 'need' to put another 5k in options into it. We're talking 997 turbo prices now.

Exactly, and the options list includes stuff that at that kind of money, should be bloody standard. Its a hell of a nice car, and I've no doubt it will sell, but for just a little bit more you could have the V12 and the DB9, and for me thats a no brainer.

The Boxster is great - makes a much better noise than my last one (and 2001 'S') and the quality is head and sholders above it - can also feel the improved mid range punch.

It looks great in that colour, and those wheels set it off nicely (although the standard S wheels I think are decent), the wheels on the standard Boxster are foul, theres no choice but to upgrade, sneeky Germans.

Did you have chance to test drive a new standard Boxster? Would you say the S is worth it. If it were my money, I'd get the S, as the extra power would be a must, but my Dads upgrading from a 225 TT, and I think the 240 standard Boxster would be plenty for him. Its just the options that are proving difficult, what to choose! (Except nicer wheels)

And ps, black is the only colour that the MINI cabrio doesn't look gay in, and that is a fact.

Back to the query!

Cant believe there has been a happy reuniting and its Ben, and I have never seen you in Surrey or Berks!

What year/month is the X plater?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, I've a tear in my eye shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" /> I commute into Bracknell now so perhaps I'll see it around (seen a nice silver one with sigle exhaust on te M3 coming up in the mornings)

The car's a Jan '01 if I remember rightly, 5 speeder, sweet as a nut.

Andy W,

The non-S has plenty of punch - it's almost as much as my old '01 S, and there are those that say it sounds better than the S... but once you put the necessary options on the car it's almost S priced any way.

And options that should be standard - a 80k car w/o satnav and Xenons - hmmmmm mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> But it's weak at the knees gorgeous! wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

But it's weak at the knees gorgeous!

Yeah, and thats the thing isn't it smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Thanks for the info about the Boxster, will be passed along, and yeah, even a fairly conservatively specced Boxster goes out just shy of S list.