rebuild rear wiper motor

carrera-gt

Rear wiper motor stopped spaying and started leaking into the tailgate, new motor £120 + ouch, Ebay £35 much better, arrived wel boxed didn't work GRRRRR. so simple rebuild instructions for the rear wiper motor.

Remove the wiper arm, carefully pull off the plastic washer jet while it's still on the car as it's much easier. remove the trim panel, remove the hose and the connector. undo the 3  nuts drop off the motor. Remove the back panel use TORX bit. if like me your spay tube is broken in half you will need to drill out the tube which is brass at 3.2mm. ( It fails because the steel rusts expands grips the tube and snaps it when it wipes then it starts leaking) I used the new motor as a donor to replace the tube, drill out the steel at 3.5mm or 3.75 if you have it. I didn't so I used wet and dry wrapped around a 1mm drill to smooth out the bore to get a good sliding fit. Plenty of grease on tube and re-assemble and re-fit.

This design has been like this for years across all vdubs. Not just rust, but the water in the gap between the inner and outer tube freezes then snaps when you operate the wiper motor. Simply bad design.....

I change the inner pipe to a length of copper brake pipe and allow it turn with the outer. Then attach a length of silicone rubber tube between it and the existing black plastic pipe. The silicone pipe is flexi so moves when the wiper operates.

All because a stupid little rubber seal fails....