Gearbox oil

Hi Club Lupo,

My wife lover her yellow Arosa 1.0S and I do all the servicing for her.

There is a slight weep ! around the manual gearbox/transmission and I would like to check the transmission oil level.

I know im from the countryside and all that and not very bright, but I cant seem to identify the oil filler bolt which I presume will be on the side somewhere to act as an oil level limiter.

Any comments Welcome - Thanks Big Vinny

The oil filler plug is a strange design, a VW special. U will need a tool from the dealer to undo it. Its like a star bit design but the centre section has a tiny raised circle. When you know the design its easy to identify on the gearbox. The easiest way to it is from underneath after you take off the plastic tray. I think mine was around a tenner.

you need a hex key which you can get from halfords

here are a few pics to help you

gearbox1.jpeg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

gearbox2.jpeg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

gearbox3.jpeg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

gearbox4.jpeg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

gearbox5.jpeg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

gearbox6.jpeg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

gearbox7.jpeg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

gearbox1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

gearbox2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

gearbox3.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

gearbox4.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

gearbox5.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

gearbox6.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

gearbox7.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

gearbox8.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

• 1 month later...
you need a hex key which you can get from halfords

here are a few pics to help you

gearbox1.jpeg border="0" class="linked-image" />

gearbox2.jpeg border="0" class="linked-image" />

gearbox3.jpeg border="0" class="linked-image" />

gearbox4.jpeg border="0" class="linked-image" />

gearbox5.jpeg border="0" class="linked-image" />

gearbox6.jpeg border="0" class="linked-image" />

gearbox7.jpeg border="0" class="linked-image" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thankyou kid and Robin good advice now im sorted !

• 3 weeks later...