vw g60 wheels and tyres

rrdoctoruk

RE price, let me be the first to offer you a packet of quavers and a 1999 copy of Max Power magazine for them ;)

In all seriousness, it really depends a lot on condition... What tyres are on them and are they a matching set? Tread depth on tyres? You say they could do with re-painting, just how bad are they and do they include the G60 hub caps etc... Pics and a rough idea of what you'd like for them would help immensley!

FWIW Mr @rrdoctoruk, I'm actually after a set of these.... Give me a nudge when you know what's what :D

Yowza, they are slightly rough, that rust looks pretty deep around the rim too :o It also looks like those are budget snow tyres..?

I like a challenge but price wise these would have to be cheap, IIRC they were £40 a wheel new? Similar aftermarket versions can be bought for less than that with free shipping too...https://www.vwheritage.com/shop/mk2-golf/1H0601025P/steel-14x6-g60-lookalike-wheel-et45-4x100-10-hole/?crumbStartPage=1&crumbStartRow=1

Let me know what kind of a price you're after for them, I may well take these if they're for sale and the price is right, although I'd have to send a courier down to collect them which again increases cost a bit at my side.

Edited by JoeyEunos

1 hour ago, rrdoctoruk said:

the rust is only surface rust and the tyres have approx 6mm on all of them

^ I think I've actually spotted your Ebay add for these FWIW ;) £150 starting bid is a little too strong for my money given the condition/budget winter tyres, GLWS none the less.

lets get this right

you can get them for £40 a piece so 5 off is £200

then tyres to suit 5 off at say £50 so thats £250

so total cost is £450.  so my £150 inc tyres that have 6mm tread is really not that expensive,!!

but we shall see how it goes, what sort of money would you be offering???

^ All of the above points are true, and I genuinely didn't intend to cause any ill feeling on the subject! All the points you make are true, but from a personal perspective,

A. I only need four wheels, a spare is just that, a spare. I've got a spacesaver and if needed I'll use it.

B. The tyres are snow tyres, and budget ones at that. It's nearly June, I'd end up having to put new tyres on these  and that would be unnavoidable, probably to the tune of £130 for tyres and another £40 for fitting/balancing ergo total bill of £170 for tyres alone.

C. The wheels need paint, whether that be primer/base coat/lacquer or even going down the Hammerite route, that's a £30+ job at least, even for DIY, meaning a minimum £200 total spend and the investment of some time and energy to bring them up to scratch, and that's before even paying for the wheels.

Given the above it really translates to (For me at least)  a fairly large spend. The last thing I want to do is get into a bun fight over this, I'm sure these represent a great buy to the right person, but for all the reasons I've mentioned that person isn't me ;)

As I said, GLWS, I'm sure that to someone these will be just the job.

sorry didnt mean to cause offence,but to be honest i have had so many messers,

i'll  give you £40 for them mate and take em of youre hands

or they never turn up,

just a shame it then f&^%cks it all up for the genuine people and then everyone gets tarred with the same brush,

No worries at all fella, and FWIW they're clearly worth more than £40 :o

I think for me the courier/tyre combo makes it unviable really, but for someone local who's after a set of winter wheels with style these would be just the ticket.